AoC Chat window

[TheJedi]Genette

Posted 2 March 2017 - 1:04 am
Hi guys,

since I'm not officially part of VTech, I hope I'm allowed to post here as a beggar. It's about the chat window/line in the waiting window / in-game in AoC. To me, it always showed black when I wasn't typing anything and I always hit Ctrl+A to make things visible. I know there was a fix for it, but I simply can't remember it right now. I'm pretty sure Cavin knows a solution for it, but maybe some more guys here will know, too. Asking on behalf a pro player btw.

Cheers,
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 2 March 2017 - 4:40 am
hi
not sure its the same thing but cmd line options,mfill may be what you mean.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 2 March 2017 - 4:27 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
Nope. That's not what Genette is saying. It's about the in-game chat box insertion (cursor) point issue - related to DirectDraw. Look at this screenshot for a clear picture:

Solution:
Method 1: In your game room under DirectX ► select the following features > Render in 32-bit color + windowed-mode screen + select Lock cursor inside game window.

Method 2:
a. First, open your game directory > age2_x1 folder and right-click on the game executable file (7q9jhferk7j504stv5hbubtk02s4yufv age2_x1.exe) and select Properties and under [You must login to view link] and Apply and OK.
Note: Before changing this make sure to uncheck "Run in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode" in your game room settings.
b. Next, download this DirectDraw.dll files and extract in your game root folder.
That's all!

Cheers =]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 2 March 2017 - 8:04 pm
kitt wrote:
hi

Do you know if it's possible to use those launch options with Voobly? Would be nice to skip all the intro cinematics when booting up SP.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Heresy]Edie

Posted 2 March 2017 - 8:14 pm
Cavin wrote:
Nope. That's not what Genette is saying. It's about the in-game chat box insertion (cursor) point issue - related to DirectDraw. Look at this screenshot for a clear picture:

Solution:
Method 1: In your game room under DirectX ► select the following features > Render in 32-bit color + windowed-mode screen + select Lock cursor inside game window.

Method 2:
a. First, open your game directory > age2_x1 folder and right-click on the game executable file (7q9jhferk7j504stv5hbubtk02s4yufv age2_x1.exe) and select Properties and under [You must login to view link] and Apply and OK.
Note: Before changing this make sure to uncheck "Run in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode" in your game room settings.
b. Next, download this DirectDraw.dll files and extract in your game root folder.
That's all!

Cheers =]

Tried 1st Method, worked, thank you :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 3 March 2017 - 4:00 pm by kitt
Jineapple wrote:
Do you know if it's possible to use those launch options with Voobly? Would be nice to skip all the intro cinematics when booting up SP.
Certainly, you can! How you have to do:
  1. Press [Windows] + [R] key simultaneously on your keyboard - The Run dialog box will open.
  2. Type in "regedit", and then click OK.
  3. Next, from the left side list, explore this following path:
    For 64-bit: Hkey_local_machine/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion.
    For 32-bit: Hkey_local_machine/Software/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion.
  4. From the right panelist, Double click on CommandLine and in the Value data box, after Lobby give a space and then type the any [You must login to view link] followed by a space (i.e Lobby NoStartup SystemMemory) and press Ok.
(Note: Parameters must be separated by a space; capitalization is not important. Do not remove the word "lobby" from the command line.)

32bit, example: normal mouse
Tried 1st Method, worked, thank you :)
Glad, have fun!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 3 March 2017 - 10:02 am
The Launch Parameters worked as well, thank you :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 4 March 2017 - 5:45 pm
You're welcome!

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts