Belgium

[ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 29 October 2010 - 3:28 am
Europe and World Map have a lot of history and players behind them. There are other maps;

China, Australia, Asia, Mexico, Scandinavia, MED and who knows what else. None of these maps are rated, simply because they've had very little popularity and player base behind them.

CS wasn't meant to be rated, and I wouldn't know which CSer asked for Europe to be rated in CS, I've always hosted the map unrated unless you get a majority wanting it rated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TreeHugger

Posted 29 October 2010 - 5:20 am
I honestly don't care whether any of them are rated or not, but if you're enough of a hypocrite to suggest they should be played in a competitive AOC:CS setting i have to either assume you're missing half your brain or have some kind of hidden agenda behind it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 29 October 2010 - 6:48 am
CS shouldn't be rated. Europe shouldn't be rated. Nothing hypocritical there.

Europe has a lot of history and a lot of players = a lot of competition and been played for many years, much longer than CBA. Nothing hypocritical there.

I can make 200 Cb variants like you can do with custom maps. It's a futile argument you're trying to use
Link | Reply | Quote
 TreeHugger

Posted 29 October 2010 - 2:18 pm
If you make 200 cb variants, where you'll get stuff by getting kills and razes, and where you die if your castles die, they will all be Custom SCenario.
If i (or anyone who doesn't add khans or anything) make 200 euro variants, they will all be RM
Link | Reply | Quote
 LuCk__

Posted 29 October 2010 - 5:31 pm
theres nothing saying this map is an rm map.

It IS a custom scenario IF and only IF you started from a blank map.

Europe is custom made, everything from the terrain to the fish to the spawn triggers and random spots is custom. Just because you or your butt buddies in 7th have 0 economic skills doesn't make the map non cs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TreeHugger

Posted 29 October 2010 - 7:27 pm
Nothing except for the voobly mods apparently.
Yea sure in a very strict way every map you edit becomes a Custom Scenario,
but over the years CS has evolved to being all about micro, and being a micro competition, leaving RM and DM about Eco.
Europe is obviously Eco, so doesn't belong in CS.
The fact that there's no way anyone can compete with the Euro top without playing at least 300 RM games proves that for me.
And me and my butt buddies.. PHurris may win you in RM, i play euro now and then and woudl win a lot of people who consider themselves Euro players, and damian and Hun will own your little ass at DM, none of this changes anything to the fact that euro is still RM
Link | Reply | Quote
 LuCk__

Edited 29 October 2010 - 8:01 pm by LuCk__
Saying you need 300 rm games to be good at rm is ridiculous. Infact just to name two of the top europe players - leon and jordan, they both began with europe and jordan is now 2.4k in rm and leon is 2k. At the time leon was the best of the best in euro he was only at around 1700 in rm.
The top rmers won't need a lot of time to be very good at bloods, but for top csers to be very good at rm would take a very long time (at least 2-3 years).
Phurris may beat me in RM, I'm not particularly good at it just yet, but as for you beating those who consider themselves euro players, this is like saying I can beat all the old grave players. No proof because they have all left.
Making statements about DM is pretty dumb, especially mentioning damian considering we all know how he got his dm rate, and considering DM wasn't even included in this discussion. (DM has a completely different skillset required from RM, in that its 90% army 10% eco during the first parts of the game)

Micro wise, RM is alot more micro intensive then any CS.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 29 October 2010 - 9:27 pm by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
My friends can beat you at anything. They're so cool.

EDIT: FORGOT TO MAKE FRIEND PLURAL CAUSE I HAVE MORE THAN ONE FRIEND
Link | Reply | Quote
 TreeHugger

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:42 pm
dunno if you read his post but he said noone in 7th has eco, i was politely proving him wrong
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:07 am
Hardly politely. That post was full of arrogance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Andre4s

Posted 30 October 2010 - 1:51 am
How? i was saying other people then me were good at certain maps
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 30 October 2010 - 3:18 am
lol @ Damian in Dm.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TreeHugger

Posted 30 October 2010 - 3:46 am
lol @ you
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 30 October 2010 - 5:47 am
You're one little ignorant boy, that's for sure.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Posted 30 October 2010 - 7:53 am
LMAO
love this thread.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 31 posts