Tower Defense Discussion (League)

mich

Edited 11 June 2017 - 8:34 pm by mich
Previous (unofficial) thread: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/267222

Before adding TDs to the next CS league poll, I would like to get players feedback first. This will hopefully ensure that if a TD League is added, it will be added properly. This is more of a help me, help you thread lol. I have a few questions for the TD community. If you have reference links, please post them here.
  • How many active players does the TD community have?
  • What are the most popular TD maps? TD Team Bonus, Ancient TD?
  • Would players want a random selection (TD maps chosen at random in game [if possible])? Or a basic selection (players can choose which map they want to play)?
  • What mods go with which map? TD II TeamBonus, etc..
  • Players: Allow for 3-8 players?
Do not include Ancient TD, thanks.

Here is a list of less bashable scenarios that can be played either as FFA or TG setup.

TD II and its newer version TD II TeamBonus (modded scenario, TG setup)
Teams TD II (plain scenario, TG setup)
Teams TD III (modded scenario, TG setup)
TD III (modded scenario, FFA or TG setup)
Trees TD FFA (modded scenario, FFA setup)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 11 June 2017 - 8:41 pm
Random selection of modded scenarios does not work well, as someone would have to copy-paste the mods and try to make a giga-mod of them.
Frequently played ones are Teams TD II v4 (unmodded), TD II TB (modded) and Ancient TD.
I estimate 50-100 people play on a monthly basis atleast one match, one match a week drops down to probably 25-50 people and one match a day meagre 0-25 people.
Every scenario to my knowledge is 1v1 possible, which should be made as an option aswell.
I will link the scenarios and the mods aswell tomorrow, unless Gallas or someone else beats me to it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DragonI]13ob

Posted 11 June 2017 - 8:42 pm
I love TDs. Most of TD maps are underrated. I think they need to have more attentions and promotion.
I played many many TD maps that I can't name them all. But one of the map I like is snake TD :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ScorplonS

Edited 11 June 2017 - 9:08 pm by ScorplonS
Currently the most played tower defense is TD ancient, TDII V24 and Team TD. However, other TD maps are played as Trench TD, Che, Star TD, Fast vill TD.

There are about 70 active players playing these maps. What happens is that they are not all the time, but when they are connected they play TD of various forms FFAA. 1v1 or with more players.
No Teams.

There are players with very high level, high, medium and low level.

Weekly 10 to 20 games of minimum TD are played

Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 11 June 2017 - 9:09 pm by mich
Random selection of modded scenarios does not work well, as someone would have to copy-paste the mods and try to make a giga-mod of them.
But it can be done? Looks like it was tried before. Not sure of the details. I have faith in our Gallas. lol
Frequently played ones are Teams TD II v4 (unmodded), TD II TB (modded) and Ancient TD.
I estimate 50-100 people play on a monthly basis atleast one match, one match a week drops down to probably 25-50 people and one match a day meagre 0-25 people.
Out of all the TD matches played, about how many matches are played daily?
Every scenario to my knowledge is 1v1 possible, which should be made as an option aswell.
I will link the scenarios and the mods aswell tomorrow, unless Gallas or someone else beats me to it.
Ok, thanks.

Of which are played the most; FFA, TG, 1v1?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Miss_FIREzzz

Posted 11 June 2017 - 9:14 pm
hi
we definelt need a td2 tb league
■How many active players does the TD community have?
i can have a game most often throught day with td2
■What are the most popular TD maps? TD Team Bonus, Ancient TD?
i bet td2 tb the most pop
■Would players want a random selection (TD maps chosen at random in game [if possible])? Or a basic selection (players can choose which map they want to play)?
definetly no
need a basic selection
■What mods go with which map? TD II TeamBonus, etc..
i can help with td2 tb idk others
■Players: Allow for 3-8 players?
i think td2 tb is playable in a 1v1 match
its more fun actually for me
 rest msg me if you wanna ask something about td2 tb
the other maps are not [You must login to view link] atleast every one kicks noobs(that sucks how do you expect more peps to play your shiit)
Link | Reply | Quote
 tucamote

Posted 11 June 2017 - 9:23 pm
Lo mejor es ancient TD, me gusta mucho, pero se deberia de nivelar, mas o menos con lo que hizo joe1305 con el ancientd V6 beta. saludos linda tarde.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 11 June 2017 - 9:41 pm
There are many cool and unused TD maps around, but personally I would rather see the TD league as a TEAM league, rather than all map is available. I'm afraid, if we allow ffa TD maps, it will just end in punto matches in 1v1 vs sbody who is not familiar with the map that well. This won't help grow the TD community, just gives some people a fake high rating.
This will have several technical problems, since many thing is limited to ONE possible option, rest just makes it overcomplicated with lot of possible bugs and abuses.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 11 June 2017 - 9:43 pm
[MM]Gallas wrote:
There are many cool and unused TD maps around, but personally I would rather see the TD league as a TEAM league, rather than all map is available. I'm afraid, if we allow ffa TD maps, it will just end in punto matches in 1v1 vs sbody who is not familiar with the map that well. This won't help grow the TD community, just gives some people a fake high rating.

This will have several technical problems, since many thing is limited to ONE possible option, rest just makes it overcomplicated with lot of possible bugs and abuses.

It wouldn't be open to all TD maps, just the most popular. As far as 1v1, this is what I'm afraid will happen too. This is why I think it should be 3-8 players. I agree +1.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 11 June 2017 - 9:45 pm
i dont think there is any demand at all for a td league and it will fall short of expectations voobly needs something to engage cba/cba hero players, we recently had an rcb league, lustful league, khans, rtd and now random league but none of them engage cba hero community

idk the answer but these are my thoughts, there are a range of maps with similar / easily adaptable gameplay such as cb massacre, cbx, random cb, cb lod etc
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 11 June 2017 - 10:04 pm by mich
i dont think there is any demand at all for a td league and it will fall short of expectations voobly needs something to engage cba/cba hero players, we recently had an rcb league, lustful league, khans, rtd and now random league but none of them engage cba hero community

idk the answer but these are my thoughts, there are a range of maps with similar / easily adaptable gameplay such as cb massacre, cbx, random cb, cb lod etc

From what I've seen, a lot of CBA/Hero players aren't open to playing other maps. That might be another topic. I have a few ideas for this, but they're not ready to post ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Edited 11 June 2017 - 10:16 pm by [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

I have counted only accounts from my last Madness S4 matches (allys and oponents). These are around 90 guys. But these are only TD II/TD III Mod Games. But you have to add Ancient TD players (look profile Galahad or Rich) + Teams TD II v4 players (Alternative) + those Tree TD Players (Mod) + non named TD maps players. So in summary may be min. 200 accounts which play constant TD Games. Or may be more.

Most popular TD Mod Games (TD II (v22 and higher), Teams TD III, TD III, TDI Tree FFA v2, Random TD (with random map pack !), Ancient TD and Teams TD II v4. I think these are the ones which are good for a league.
Most of them you can play it 1vs1 or as Team Game.

Depends on what you want ... Solo League, Team League or Mixed (Solo+Team).

The Random TD map pack is good. But only FFA/Solo games possible

At the moment i prefer a basic selection.

Smile. You find it here and here ..... ;grin ;grin ;grin

Depends on what you want. See 3.

I prefer a mix of FFA/Solo maps and Team Games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 11 June 2017 - 10:43 pm by mich

I have counted only accounts from my last Madness S4 matches (allys and oponents). These are around 90 guys. But these are only TD II/TD III Mod Games. But you have to add Ancient TD players (look profile Galahad or Rich) + Teams TD II v4 players (Alternative) + those Tree TD Players (Mod) + non named TD maps players. So in summary may be min. 200 accounts which play constant TD Games. Or may be more.
Wondering how many of those accounts are duplicated. Good that you counted at least. Thanks.

Most popular TD Mod Games (TD II (v22 and higher), Teams TD III, TD III, TDI Tree FFA v2, Random TD (with random map pack !), Ancient TD and Teams TD II v4. I think these are the ones which are good for a league.
Most of them you can play it 1vs1 or as Team Game.
I think the most played map is TD II or maybe Ancient TD (?)

Depends on what you want ... Solo League, Team League or Mixed (Solo+Team).

The Random TD map pack is good. But only FFA/Solo games possible

At the moment i prefer a basic selection.
FFA + TG preferably from my perspective. I'm seeing more and more bashing in Leagues where it's been 2-8 players (FFA, 1v1 & TG). Ruins the League as well tbh.

Smile. You find it here and here ..... ;grin ;grin ;grin
I would rather have exact posts, than go on a fishing expedition. lol *waiting on nhoobish* :)

Depends on what you want. See 3.

I prefer a mix of FFA/Solo maps and Team Games.
mich wrote:
[MM]Gallas wrote:

I agree. I prefer tgs over FFA & 1v1, but that's just my personal preference.
mich wrote:
It wouldn't be open to all TD maps, just the most popular. As far as 1v1, this is what I'm afraid will happen too. This is why I think it should be 3-8 players. I agree +1.

I'm not in favor of making this a 2+ player league. FFA is better because at least players can learn, in-game, from other players instead of the 1v1 bash for quick, higher alotted points.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:50 pm
mich wrote:
... Out of all the TD matches played, about how many matches are played daily? ...

Come on Mich ... I can't remember that you ask this question this community before the league starting ... :D

Why you don't call this league Primal Local Hero League ?

At the moment i eat more donuts a day than games played there .... :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 Roben__

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:55 pm
Hi
I play CBA hero, CBA, TD2 team bonus quite often. (play AOE 13 years, in Voobly 5 years). TD league i believe will work, but putting it to random maps will not. before there was a competition sort of thing around 2 years ago and wasn't so bad. However there were many players who don't play this game anymore. if there is any league it better be advertised well.
lastly, I have a general complain about voobly, is that it has never done any thing to make balanced games in any map. for example what happens often is a in most of the maps which teaming matters what you see is pro vs noobs games which is meaning less. in a league it is important to make the games a bit unpredictable and teams skills close to each other in a way it is hard to guess who is going to win which was the biggest drawback for last league.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234567
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 92 posts