Readyforconnect Failed

[Anvil]TheMcGreevy

Posted 25 June 2017 - 1:22 am
Hi

I play Age of Empires II. I try to launch a lobby and get an error "readyforconnect failed". I tried googling and looking in forums but couldn't see a solution. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thx
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:43 am
Does the game work offline?

You mentioned lobby, why lobby are you trying to join on Voobly?

Please run the game diagnostics and share the outcome with me. You will find this option in here:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Anvil]TheMcGreevy

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:21 pm
Hi and thanks for responding.

I was tired last night and didn't really explain it properly. If I go to voobly, go to the Age of Empires II new player lobby, host a game, and press launch, I get "ReadyForConnect Failed!" I'd send a screenshot but that's all it says.

I had run the game diagnostics last night but ran it again just now and here is the log. It says everything is fine. The game loads on steam but I don't know how to open it offline on voobly.

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 woodicus79

Posted 6 September 2018 - 12:06 am
I am having this "ReadyForConnect failed!" failed error too. Can anyone help?
I'm an HD user trying to get going on Voobly. I've installed everything with help of AOETools....it won't work...help please?
Link | Reply | Quote
 woodicus79

Posted 6 September 2018 - 12:08 am
And here is the result I get from Game Diagnostics...it says everything is fine:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii'
Verifying 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll'
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 September 2018 - 1:22 am
hi
try this and then see: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts