Low FPS only in multiplayer (CD version of AoE2!!)

Xnu1337

Posted 5 July 2017 - 9:15 pm
So, when I join/host a multiplayer game on voobly, it lags (20ish fps) for the first 10 seconds. After that, the fps increases and varies between 40-60 because of which it seems choppy. In singleplayer, however, my fps is always a constant 60. I'm not talking about lag because of ping, I'm talking about the frame rates.

I've tried many things including checking/unchecking different options from voobly like the "enable 32bit", " run in window", "run as admin", " disable display scaling" etc. None of them work.

i3 + 4GB RAM

Radeon M330 GPU+HD 5500

Also, I've tried running the game on the iGPU(HD5500) but it didn't work either. Tried changing the drivers too.

I'm on version 1.4RC. I've tried and switched to 1.0c but the same problem occurs. I reinstalled like 4 times already.

Do all of you guys who play the CD version on voobly get low fps for the first 10 seconds and then it keeps on varying from 40-60 but never a solid 60? Is this normal and happens to everybody or is it just me?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 5 July 2017 - 11:42 pm
Hi
have you turned off 3D water effects, Vertical Sync and Antialias object shadow?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Xnu1337

Edited 6 July 2017 - 3:12 am by Xnu1337
Hi
have you turned off 3D water effects, Vertical Sync and Antialias object shadow?
I'm not using the HD version. I'm using the old CD version.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 6 July 2017 - 4:53 am by [MPU]Dettol
the low fps is normal in multiplayer the game runs with 10 fps for the first 30 secs , this issue comes how the game itself was built .

luckily this issue was fixed in the patch 1.5 which will be implemented in the upcomming months on voobly

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts