Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > The BIG question never answered before

The BIG question never answered before

FlandersARG

Posted 7 July 2017 - 11:15 pm
Well, I really dont know if it was ever said or wondered, but it gives me an instinct to know And I dont see the answer anywhere. Also idk if the question have a answer.

The BIG question is easy, simple and concise:
Quote:
Why this community is called Voobly? Where does the name come from?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 7 July 2017 - 11:52 pm
Really I don't know rofl rofl..... But if you have a problem with anything else just tell me I will answer you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 FlandersARG

Posted 8 July 2017 - 6:45 pm

Interesting, thx ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 9 July 2017 - 12:40 pm by kitt
Quote:
SaladEsc
Taff once said it was the cheapest domain name available so then they stuck with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 FlandersARG

Edited 9 July 2017 - 6:19 pm by FlandersARG
11 thats interesting too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:56 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
And it's bull****, all .com domains cost the same.

True Chris, but only if the .com domain is still available…

For a gaming website you want an easy to remember domain, for example I guess [You must login to view link] is still available, but nobody want this domain because it’s too difficult.

If I have a domain name, and someone else wants it, basically I can ask whatever I want for it.

I suppose they could not find a domain with easy name available, so they had to buy it from someone else and they took the cheapest one (last part is only a possible guess).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:50 am
They wanted something unique as its better for google crawler results if you "invent " a word and base a site around that. It would also have be an available domain and would generate questions around its origin gaining interest and snowballing. Just a shame its run by people who have no money or skills to develop it as a brand and are happy for it to degenerate and degrade.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NoG

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:26 pm
think voobly name was made by a team of professionals or atleast by some creative people. its not just a random name. its catchy, its looks good, and its hits ur subconscious mind too. (eg: google , ever wonder why mc donalds use taht M font in its name) its amm marketing strat.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts