Install problems code 183

Blabber

Edited 16 July 2017 - 6:13 pm by Blabber
Hi.

I got another update from voobly today, i get them almost every day now, except with this update voobly doesnt work anymore, this happened a second time, the first time i had to wait another 5 updates untill it worked again for me, i was really patient XD, i hope i dont have to wait another 5 updates untill it works again.

When i install the update i get an error ( it's in my Dutch language , but i will try to write it in English in my best knowing way what it means by me )

Error message: There is an error occurred with renaming a file in the target map: Movefile failed; code 183
Can't make a file that already exists.

After that i have to stop the installation cause it will not work anymore.

I already tried a complete new installation but i got the same error message.

I have windows 10 if it makes any diffrence.

Hope this is enough information, and someone can help me with this.

Greetings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:37 am
hi
ok
try again. uninstall voobly. remove/del the folder from programs[86]. reboot. d/load the app and try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [AFL]Pints

Posted 17 July 2017 - 7:36 am
I got the same problem as well. It forcefully updated today and then the 183 problem starts saying it could not change name and I don't have administrative power to change. This is annoying. I can't even delete the folder myself. Anyone else getting this problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2017 - 8:05 am
Seems like a classic permission issue to write or rename files in system directories. Since you are not logged in to your windows account as an administrator, try one of the following:

1. Logout and relogin to windows with an admin account

OR

2. Run the Voobly installer as an admin (Right click --> Run as Admin)

Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the Voobly client
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1053+Clean+installation+of+Voobly+client

Link | Reply | Quote
 Blabber

Edited 17 July 2017 - 12:24 pm by Blabber
Thank you all for your help.

I got it worked again.

I uninstalled voobly again, tried to delete all other files that where still in the voobly map. But even as an administrator i couldnt delete all files, it still said i didnt had the permission... So i just renamed the main voobly map to something else, restarted my computer and did a full clean install again and it worked.

Well if this happends like 10 times more i will have 10 maps with voobly files i cant delete XD

Edit: oh its just how sunny said it here, except i didnt saw the message yet when i tried this.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1:58 pm
I am glad it worked. Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Issue resolved, thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts