Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly

UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly

[TheJedi]Genette

Edited 6 August 2017 - 11:14 am by [TheJedi]Genette
Voobly-Logo-Outline-113px-height.png5bhhwnqfazzpyr660xsfqgtk47oe68d9

Hey everyone,

we're proud to announce the launch of UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly! As the name suggests, it's still in beta and there might be issues with it in both single- and multiplayer use. The reason the Voobly Team decided to make it public already is that a) you can help us test & release it quicker by providing bug reports and Voobly error logs and b) we're actually super excited about UserPatch 1.5 and can't wait to see it used on Voobly. The cooperation with the [You must login to view link] has been fun and very productive so far, so we're hopeful to see UserPatch 1.5 as the default patch version on Voobly in the next few weeks.

If you can't wait for it either, you can help us to speed up this process by downloading UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta, testing it and provide us with any bugs you notice with it. So, let's make this a true community effort, so everyone can enjoy the improvements of UP 1.5 on Voobly as soon as possible.

Link to v1.5 Beta 5 Build 5431 in the Voobly Mod Center

Quote:
This is a BETA release of the UserPatch v1.5. This patch will remain unrated during its Beta stage and become rated, once it reaches the Release Candidate (RC) stage.

Please report crashing issues / problems here: http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/33241

Make sure to attach the following files when experiencing crashes:
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (1).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (2).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\minidump (1).dmp

Note: Several optional features are currently locked as on or off.
When the game client is updated soon, you'll be able to configure these options from the game room, such as shift group appending and precision scrolling.

Note: this is subject to change, and compatibility is not guaranteed with the final release.
Guide: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [bS']Socksyy

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:29 pm
;good ;good ;drunk ;yahoo ;yahoo ;yahoo ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 IamJeo

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:45 pm
For any HD folk wondering, the hotkey problem of keyup/down registration having such a different feel, is resolved in this beta, since the Optinal Feature "keydown object hotkeys" seems to be on by default. So I recommend to give it a try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 greyman47

Posted 25 July 2017 - 2:03 pm
Seriously, who needs HD anymore.

Kinda sad to see a community team who doesn't have access to the source code of the game can make a really good and free patch with more QoL changes and features, than people who actually have access to the source code of the game (HD Edition).

HD needs some serious fixes: pathfinding, performance optimization (both FPS and latency), QoL changes etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DiegoSanchez

Posted 25 July 2017 - 3:15 pm
User Patch Team is amazing. Thank you very much. Awesome job!
Link | Reply | Quote
 sdsdhshnsnfd

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:45 am
Amazing update !!!

Well Done Guys !!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 FlandersARG

Posted 26 July 2017 - 4:47 am
Congrats ;good ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:51 pm
Updated links in the opening post to UserPatch v1.5 Beta 2 Build 5425 ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INDIA_]_Don_Karnaage__

Edited 28 July 2017 - 5:49 am by [INDIA_]_Don_Karnaage__
Where can we reports the issues? For the time being I will post it here.
I used the UP 1.5 beta 2 build 5425 to play a game in single players mode, after that I have noticed that I do not connect to people easily in game room and I have to restart the lobby to establish connection and every time I close the lobby to restart it voobly crashes.
There are no issues with my internet I have been using the same for last 3 years and never faced issues. So i guess it must be due to the changes the new UP made.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 28 July 2017 - 7:45 am by ['RB']nhoobish
@[TheJedi]_SultanofSwing_
Quote:
This is a BETA release of the UserPatch v1.5. This patch will remain unrated during its Beta stage and become rated, once it reaches the Release Candidate (RC) stage.

Please report crashing issues / problems here: http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/33241

Make sure to attach the following files when experiencing crashes:
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (1).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly (2).txt
FILE://C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\minidump (1).dmp
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INDIA_]_Don_Karnaage__

Posted 28 July 2017 - 7:48 am
@[TheJedi]_SultanofSwing_

Thanks man I will post it there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good_Vibes

Posted 28 July 2017 - 4:46 pm
More important the UserPatch 1.5 is when somebody gonna add the African Kingdoom civis into the Aoc?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 28 July 2017 - 5:02 pm
Good_Vibes wrote:
More important the UserPatch 1.5 is when somebody gonna add the African Kingdoom civis into the Aoc?

http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/647/WololoKingdoms-African-Kingdoms

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Edited 28 July 2017 - 5:22 pm by Jineapple
Good_Vibes wrote:

If you own the steam DLCs, you can use this converter to be able to play them on Voobly: [You must login to view link]
Note that you should play it on Userpatch 1.5, and that both the UP and the converter are still in beta, so there may still be bugs.

That's an old version of the converter - the new one has been updated to support the Rise of the Rajas civs and offers other additional improvements.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 28 July 2017 - 6:03 pm

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 44 posts