ping and lag problem

[LobosR]RufiS

Posted 6 August 2017 - 2:38 am
this start to happen to me recently and is than when im inside of the game, i see everyone green, but always a couple players with "30" ping, (even when they didn't were fp to me before) and a couple seconds later it get fixed but when the games start i just get the turtle or the game crash for everyone, how i could fix this? i already did the network analisis from voobly and everything seems ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Edited 6 August 2017 - 9:44 am by ____Kofahi____
Hi
From the Lobby click options>game diagnostics and copy it to here. .
Also
Quote:
Assuming that you did purchase the game from steam and that you are trying to run the game offline, please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

If you did not purchase the game from Steam, you should do that first.
Regards,
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 August 2017 - 10:00 am
Hi
From the Lobby click options>game diagnostics and copy it to here. .
Also

Regards,

Ping 30 is a connectivity issue and has zero relevance to the game and more to do with a possible poor connection.
this start to happen to me recently and is than when im inside of the game, i see everyone green, but always a couple players with "30" ping, (even when they didn't were fp to me before) and a couple seconds later it get fixed but when the games start i just get the turtle or the game crash for everyone, how i could fix this? i already did the network analisis from voobly and everything seems ok

Please run the network diagnostics and share the outcome with me. You will find this option in here:
[You must login to view link]

Was this a one off instance or does this happen in every single game you play?

Do you see a yellow exclamation mark next to any players name in the Voobly game room?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LobosR]RufiS

Posted 6 August 2017 - 11:52 pm
It doesn't happen to me too often, just in a couple situations, the yellow exclamation appear but when the game crash and i come back again to the voobly room

This is the network diagnostic result:
Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Resultado del Test: All Pass
Estado de la Red: All tests passed
Acción Recomendada: None
Detalles: All tests passed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 8 August 2017 - 1:45 pm by kitt
hi
ping 30 means you have a conflict with one or more players. the game usually would not launch when this is the situation.
is it any particular player you get ping 30 with?[ rejoining some times fixes it.] if your getting lag etc after the start, check your pc anti-virus is not actively scanning and allows voobly/aoc. check you only have one pc firewall active and it allows voobly/aoc.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts