Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Weird Stuttering or freezing on Windows 10/voobly version 2 11.

Weird Stuttering or freezing on Windows 10/voobly version 2 11.

Millo

Edited 17 August 2017 - 2:30 am by Millo
I bought a Ryzen 5 1600 and had to install W10, it started with several problems.
I followed every single recommendation on these forums, i made Gregstein list of updates/recommendations in order to optimize W10.

I have the recommended setup on voobly tried every other possibility.
Have a clean install of windows latest version. Installed all the correct drivers threw motherboard and videocard site.

At this point Im not sure if it is Windows 10 incompatibility with my voobly or with the game, but I made it work properly offline, the problem is whenever it opens threw voobly it still lag´s like hell, the mouse reaction is very poor, whenever i open a second program like OBS the game lags multiplies by 10 even if i keep the obs offline so im wondering if there is some interface incompatibilities or the fact that the programs are x8 or x32 or x64 bits and something weird happens.

Any ideas on where I could keep on trying to fix it? I´ve read and followed CZ_Ovenkas post who is having similar problems, in any case i wanted to open a new thread not to bother the support to him. Im opened to suggestions 11 ty in advance.

As a note aside, i once remember reading a series of commands i could add for example to the Mouse registry and i remember at once it somehow improved but I have memory about what I have changed there, maybe I´ve read those on aoczone but couldnt find the topic, in any case if someone knows anything about these changes and could tell me about it I would also like to try it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 17 August 2017 - 3:09 am
problem fixed by disabling scalling and vertical sync though the nvidia control pannel
Link | Reply | Quote
 Millo

Posted 17 August 2017 - 4:05 am
Unfortunately, it is still lagging(it improved though). Patch 1.5 works much better and the mouse lag is less perceptible, for some reason rendering in 32 bits is causing mouse lag, and not doing it it´s causing blinkering screen goes on and off. Optimal functionality is when I open it offline threw deskpot, For some reason it doesn´t blink but i would say it´s either running on 8 or 16 bits because I can´t read what I type threw that launch. I will do more testing around 1.5 and hopefully wait till it´s implemented i guess. Thanks for helping and being patient dedpool 11!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Millo

Edited 23 August 2017 - 1:33 am by Millo
Ok so after a couple of days of testing, im still having the same incovenients.

Have any other suggestions? I have 0 inconvenients with other programs it´s just Voobly Windows 10 and my mouse/aoc, same mouse and setts were working on W7 but not anymore. It´s like constantly fightiing with the mouse to move the screen starts moving slow and so on I would guess it´s something more net/nat threw voobly because offline it runs as it should. I made a clean install of Age of empires and read the 22+ pages of topics to try different stuff but nothing ;cries. Im opened to do some Teamviewer if anyone could help me out.
The CPU and Memory ussage is also very low.

Note aside, I´ve disabled Cortana clean uninstall im running 1703 build of windows, I got firewalls off windows defender off not a single antivirus my upload/dl is 10/100 Netscan is optima all thre Port 16000 UDP.

Suggestionsss before i end up retiring rofl , anyways ima keep researching.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 23 August 2017 - 2:07 am
hi
assuming you have a usb mouse, move the connection to another port.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Millo

Posted 23 August 2017 - 7:30 pm
Hi Kitt, I´ve tried this already, as recommended surfing this forums and the deepweb(lol) i moved from usb 3.1 ports to 2.0, nothing has changed, the game still works 100% properly offline and doesn´t(with the stuttering and lag issue) threw Voobly Launch(or online at all let´s say). Im not sure if this is indication that the mouse isn´t really the problem, thats why im not sure. Any other suggestion?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 August 2017 - 8:01 pm
Make sure you have this option enabled as seen in the screenshot.

[You must login to view link]

and keep window mode enabled.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Millo

Edited 23 August 2017 - 10:20 pm by Millo
Yes i´ve tried all this already, also hidewindow and disable hardware acceleration and probably every other combination. I´ve also done the Dx Tool and everything that has been recommended so far concerning this issue threw this forums. I´ve changed all Nvidia setts as stated by dedpool. I tested other mice, I tried different compatibilities for W7 XP SP2 and 3 I´ve tried older drivers, disabled windows mouse options and re-enabled them to test behaviour, I´ve also disabled Game mode of W10. Hmm im not sure if im missing anything else, but yeah I´ve done all that pretty much, any other idea you could come up with?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Millo

Posted 27 August 2017 - 9:32 pm
Hi, i might have fixed it disabling Nvidia Realtek Audio HD and changing a mouse property, on Control Panel>Devices>Mouse go to Pointer and on Theme put None, the lag seemed to end after those 2 changes. Will PM Ovenka to see if this fixes his problems aswell. As far as i´ve researched many Nvidia Graphic cards still don´t have the proper drivers for Windows 10, so they might be causing some invonvenients aswell im not sure maybe this is very random but after all i think i fixed it 11, will report back if I have any problem I thought it could be helpfull for some having same problems. Ty very much for the help.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts