Mini map in Centre Resolution Issues

Fenrir_05

Posted 18 August 2017 - 1:16 am
I have had issue with keeping mini map in the centre where the resolution will not go more than 1536 x 864. I have a 1080p display.

I have reinstalled voobly(clean install), AOE, AOCsetup and the compatibility patch. The following issues are what happen.

1. If I start the game with (Start Game in Window mode), The game continues to be in a windowed mode with 1536 x 864 resolution
2. If I start the game without (Start Game in Window mode), the game crashes.
3. When I start game with command bar postion -> userpatch, I get all the resolution options and I can play with 1080p. But the mini map stays on the far right.
I have also updated my nvidia graphics card drivers. I would like to know if there are any other options that would make the mini map work in centre position with the my desktop resolution (1920 x 1080)

My laptop has Nvidia 1050, 7th gen i5.

I have Age of Empires HD for which I installed the compatibility patch(which I also reinstalled)
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 20 August 2017 - 1:59 pm
hi
not sure im with you. the mini map is usually on the far right.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fenrir_05

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:18 am
There is an option in voobly which usually supports multi monitor displays to move the command bar's position. This also works for higher resolution single monitor displays where the mini map in the command bar can be moved to the centre using the option command bar - > left. Ive seen some of the top player be able to position their mini maps this way and I find it more comfortable to have the mini map in the centre instead of the left.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 21 August 2017 - 2:14 pm by +sunny@voobly
I don't think what you are asking for is possible on a single monitor setup. If you have a multi monitor setup this will work fine with the extended mode.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts