Game Crash And Voobly

[sT]ExoloT

Posted 27 September 2017 - 6:31 pm
my game crashed after a player dropped .. i didnt click and did nothing .. seriously whats up with voobly lately ? voobly is lagging too much and its so slow ... whats going on ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 October 2017 - 12:29 pm
This will usually happen when you lose connection to Voobly (aka your connection drops and IP changes). If this is a rare instance, don't bother much about it however, if this is a regular recurrence, you might want to check your connection.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 7:49 pm
files
Attachments:
minidump 1.dmp (file size: 266.86 KB)
minidump 2.dmp (file size: 259.74 KB)
minidump 3.dmp (file size: 263.46 KB)
minidump 4.dmp (file size: 265.61 KB)
voobly 1.txt (file size: 302.66 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 7:50 pm
files
Attachments:
voobly 2.txt (file size: 2.99 MB)
voobly 3.txt (file size: 11.98 KB)
voobly 4.txt (file size: 63.42 KB)
voobly 5.txt (file size: 782.03 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:05 pm
I have gone through your logs and it is absolutely clear you have a problem with your internet connection. I cannot say if its a minor packet drop or a complete loss in connection but I can assure you for sure you certainly do have an unstable connection.

I have also read your help room chat logs and although you do feel that the problem is with the client, rest assured it is not. The updates you get from Voobly are usually cosmetic changes.

A drop in connection can be caused for a variety of reasons most of which pertain to your ISP. While it is very common for players to drop occasionally, you should consider speaking to your ISP if this bothers you a lot. Since you are the pessimistic type, I would suggest monitoring your connection with a monitoring app to log the drops.

If you are using an old router, it may be wise to consider changing your router. Also make sure no other devices are connected to your router while you are playing on Voobly. Your game play on Voobly does not demand a lot of speed/ bandwidth however, a stable and consistent connection is extremely important. This is what you lack and is the sole reason for you to drop.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:09 pm
its been two years and we are still on my internet problems .. its voobly client thats causing game crashes ..
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:18 pm
There are 2 ways you can go about this:

1. Continue blaming Voobly and staff alike for problems that are not related.

2. Acknowledge the problem and work towards a fix.

Think about it logically, if there was a problem with the client, would you be the only one to be disconnected when other 7 players in your game as well as the remaining hundreds in the lobby are still playing? How do you explain that.

I spent some time reviewing your logs and there is no doubt at all that you are loosing connection. A simple ping check will reveal the drop in your connection and you can take it ahead from there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:27 pm
i know when i drop .. i made my peace with drops .. the problem i am referring to is new .. that is game crash .. my game crashes randomly .. never happened in two years .. leave the drop part .. voobly sucks in that section.. does not give sufficient time to reconnect to game .. the window is too small .. i wont go to that argument .. But the game started crashing .. the internet connection is not relevant in this problem .. and i blame voobly ..
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 2 October 2017 - 10:37 pm by +sunny@voobly
Your game crashes because your IP changes. It will also crash if you lose connection enough to drop. If Voobly reconnects, you will probably not notice the disconnection that does not mean you did not lose connection.

Did you do what I asked you to? Why don't you keep a ping window running for 1 day and alt tab to it as soon as you drop. Just scroll up and I can vouch for it that you will see some packet drops. You can whine all you want but if you really want someone to help you out, you have to accept where the problem is and then work towards fixing it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:40 pm
drop and crash are two very different things .. now explain how crash is related to my connection ? or loss of internet ? i was right in the lobby .. if my connection dropped or something but lobby would reconnect right ? but it didnt ... i was in room .. messenger didnt reconnect lobby didnt reconnect ...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 2 October 2017 - 10:43 pm by +sunny@voobly
Try removing your ethernet cable for 10 secs and then plug it in while you are in game. See what happens.

Do yourself a favour and keep a ping window running

Side note: You are using a pirated version of the game. That's another piece of trouble to look for.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:43 pm
so you saying game crash is also because of internet loss ... this is something new strider seriously .. how far can you go to defend client ... its client .. end of ****ing discussion .. i am going to watch a movie now .
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:44 pm
i have been playing with this pirate of years now .. never caused crash problems .
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 October 2017 - 10:49 pm
Fair enough, be it your way. The problem is with the client and you have to learn to live with it. We will NOT fix it.

Good luck

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts