very strange issue with aoe2 :S

MOULZY

Edited 12 October 2017 - 9:16 am by MOULZY
Hello guys,

i have a very strange issue for you guys today. will be interesting to see if anyone has seen it before.
When i want to play a game, i have to let some1 else host otherwise my game crashes when trying to load the game after we start in the lobby, but if sum1 else hosts its fine my game loads and i can play.
i have talked with some realy helpfull guys that have tryed to fix that issue for me but couldent figure it out about 6 months ago. so i stopped playing, but once again i am trying to play again!

thanks for your time :3

i do have a game recording if it helps you guys at all.

edit: i should also add that this is only a problem with voobly, and not with the steam version on steam if that helps

edit2: ok i have fixed the issue for anyone out there that comes across this issue, it was to do with the 7th gen prossesor i have not operating with win7 updater correctly, upgraded to win10 and all is fixed thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 2 October 2017 - 2:27 pm by +sunny@voobly
Hi there,

For the first problem assuming that you did purchase the game and are not using a pirated version, try starting the game in single player mode: [You must login to view link]

Also make sure you add exceptions for Voobly and AOC to your security applications (firewall/ antivirus). Since it's not clear what game you are playing I will presume it's AOC. Try hosting the game room with other patches (1.0c/ 1.4/ 1.5) and see if you have the exact same problem with all.

If your opponent does not resign (more so in 1v1 games) then you are left with no other choice but to hunt him down to the last standing villager (depending on victory settings). This is applicable for victory type set to conquest. Instead if you choose victory type to be 'standard', you can win by building a wonder and so on.

Also note that you will not get any points in 1v1 rated games if you click 'resume lobby' after the game starts and your opponent simply quits the game (as opposed to resigning). Therefore it is always advisable to not click 'resume lobby' after you game starts (especially in 1v1 games)

Let me know if you need any further help or have additonal questions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Posted 3 October 2017 - 10:04 am
thank you for the reply, i can run it in single player fine, i use the patch for aoe2HD that alowes me to play on voobly playing aoc, i have tryed all the patches and i have tryed disabling all fire walls and antiviruses, also firewall on the router. i have my udp port 16000 fowarded and yet the game cannot run unless some other person hosts the game, and it still instantly crashes as soon as the other person leaves the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 October 2017 - 12:36 pm
From what you have explained it seems like a firewall problem. I wanted to do a live testing with you but you were afk.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Try to play with 1.5 patch and see if there is a difference
2. Disable NAT traversal in your Voobly game room

What firewall and antivirus applications are you using? Try uninstalling them and see if it makes a difference. You can reinstall them again at a later point.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Edited 3 October 2017 - 4:02 pm by MOULZY
sorry i had to go out for a sec, ill try those things tommorow and ill let you know how i go if not next time ur avaliable we can do the live testing thanks sir

i use avira antivirus, i uninstalled it and tryed, turned of router firewall, windows fire wall all off, no change, tryed all the patches including 1.5, no change. i set up my old pc to try it and it worked, so it works on other pc's but not my good one i use. my other pc is on the same network.

i also disabled nat in voobly and it made no change.

[You must login to view link] it just sits like this forever, and if i do anything at all to it a little screen poppes up saying program has stopped responding, and if another player hosts and they quit, my game instantly does the same - this program has stopped responding. but untill that moment before the other player leaves, its fine!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 4 October 2017 - 12:09 am
hi
uninstall the compatibility patch, reboot the pc and try this newer one: [You must login to view link]
leave the router firewall at default, do not turn off. configure the pc firewall to accept voobly/game.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Posted 4 October 2017 - 1:48 am
Hello sir! Thanks for your reply. I completely uninstalled my antivirus and turned of my firewall to try yesterday, do u think it's possible it can still affect it with them off?

I will try the new patch like u said when I get home from work. Thanks guys
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 4 October 2017 - 2:23 am
hi
turning off doesnt always stop it.configure it. no point in a non active firewall.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Edited 5 October 2017 - 5:15 am by MOULZY
im pretty confident that i have allowed it through my firewall and i have clean re installed it with the new patch, im affraid its still no good :/

Any other ideas welcome!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts