Posted 4 October 2017 - 7:15 pm
Hello this sector for
Game Support: all game related problems
{Unable to join, Game crashes, Port forwarding}
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 October 2017 - 7:56 pm
Voobly does not recommend the use of macros in competitive rated games. This is considered cheating and is not allowed.

That said if you do have a programmable mouse or keyboard you can assign commonly used hotkeys to keys and buttons for faster training, queuing of units and/ or performing common gaming tasks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 4 October 2017 - 11:20 pm
+sunny@voobly wrote:
Voobly does not recommend the use of macros in competitive rated games. This is considered cheating and is not allowed.

That said if you do have a programmable mouse or keyboard you can assign commonly used hotkeys to keys and buttons for faster training, queuing of units and/ or performing common gaming tasks.

Sunny, is this changed?
1 year, maybe 2 years ago, I asked in this forum if it was allowed to use macro's on Voobly because I wanted to try this out, but I didn't wanted to risk a ban...

The answer (I think it was from Kitt but not totally sure) was, it was no problem.
I searched on all post I could find on my profile, but I can't find the post anymore :(

You say, Voobly does not recommend the use of macros... etc but... not allowed.

So, what's changed? or, is this still a gray area?
And, Why Voobly don't make an official announcement of this if it's changed?
Also, if it's not allowed, Voobly should be able to detect players who use it, if they can't detect it, it should be allowed in my opinion.

- You are not totally right imo that this is considered as cheating when all players have the possibility to use macro's (up to them if they use it or not).
- You are right imo that this is considered as cheating in general, but only if no players can use it (in other words, when Voobly can detect players who use it)

Sorry I use someone else his topic for this, but I think this is important because it can give possible big advantages for some maps, and from time to time I am still trying out macro's with my Logitech Gaming Software...

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts