Game crash after windows fall creator upd

Farest

Edited 24 October 2017 - 2:48 am by Farest
Like the title my game crash after i press the in game lobby start button: i can see untill the "wating for other player" screen, after this the program crash. I can oonly paste (and translate in eng) this windows event log file:

Name of the application that generated the error: age2_x1.Exe, versione: 0.7.26.809, timestamp: 0x3b7433ec
Name of the module that generated the error: age2_x1.Exe, versione: 0.7.26.809, timestamp: 0x3b7433ec
Except code: 0xc0000005
Offset error 0x002293bb
Process ID that generated the error: 0x1368
The start time of the application that generated the error: 0x01d34c52b9eb37bd
The path of the application that generated the error: g:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.Exe
Path of the module that generated the error: g:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.Exe
Reporting ID: 5e8c753d-3e23-4e42-a244-66fa8aa8a256
Full package name that generated the error:
Application ID for the package that generated the error:

I've already do a clean install of bot (aoe2Hd & voobly) and nothing is happened, i've try also to use the compatibility mode for win xp sp3 but nothing

Edit1:
- i can heard 1-2 sec of music before the crash.
- I've already reboot my pc... :'(
- Also starting local age2_x1.exe i've the same problem
Attachments:
minidump.dmp (file size: 78.69 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Farest

Posted 26 October 2017 - 2:12 pm
i've found the problem, no one looks interested by this but i will write how to resolve this error:

it's a resolution error, if i try to set the in game res > of my monitor max resolution the game will crash.
If i use a resolution <= of my monitor max that's don't give problems. If you want to play with an upper resolution just add it from the nvidia panel (at least for nvidia) then when you set that resolution inside the game there won't be problem
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 October 2017 - 4:50 pm
Apologies for the delay in responding. Although we try to answer all queries at the earliest possible sometimes we are unable to do so for reasons beyond our control.

You are absolutely correct, this is indeed a resolution mismatch issue. As a general rule, you must always play your games at your native desktop resolution.

If you require further help, feel free to let us know.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts