Windows 10 compatibility problems for age of empires II HD

drflabbypants

Posted 25 October 2017 - 5:53 pm
Hello, I am trying to use voobly to play Age of Empires II: Rise of Rajas (bought from Steam) with other people online. I realize I have to download and install the user patch, which I have. However, when I try to start up the application, I get a message "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure your video card is compatible with direct draw".

Is this a windows 10 problem? If I just try to go straight to the lobby, I get a message saying "You need to install this patch" (even though it is installed) when I click to allow Voobly to install it for me, I get an instantly generated message saying that the installation was successful. When I try to proceed, I get another message that I need to install the patch; and thus it loops endlessly, again and again.

I have heard nothing but good things about Voobly from the Age of Empires II community; this is why I suspect it is a windows 10 issue. There is no way that the service is normally this broken. Anybody have any ideas?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 25 October 2017 - 6:27 pm
Hi drflabbypants,

Have you tried this?
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts