Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Control Group problem when using the HD compatibility patch

Control Group problem when using the HD compatibility patch

IamJeo

Edited 28 October 2017 - 7:55 pm by IamJeo
Hi, I have a problem with/between UserPatch(offline installation) and Voobly-UserPatch, as depicted here: [You must login to view link]

tl;dr, there is an offset in Control Groups assigning keys and the one displayed. Jineapple's solution fixed it for the Offline install but now there is a problem when opening the game via Voobly Rooms. I am using the HD compatibility patch for both offline and Voobly UserPatch.

As Jineapple/CheeseOnToast already figured out, it's an SLP issue that's a remainder of HD files. Possible solutions that come to mind are making the game .exe's read different interfac.drs files, one for offline UP and one for Voobly-UP.

Any help/ideas/workarounds are welcome, besides manually changing the interfac.drs file every time I want to play on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ditschy_

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:44 pm
i got the same problem, my Control Groups also doesnt work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:55 am
This should do the trick: http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/899/Control-Group-number-fix

It's a bit ugly that you need a fix for the fix :P Hopefully this can be changed directly in the comp patch eventually.

Ditschy_, what do you mean by your control groups "not working"? Can you not assign them? Note that for the CD version, you can not change the hotkeys for control groups - it's always Ctrl+1-9 to assign (ctrl-0 to delete) and 1-9 to select a group.
Link | Reply | Quote
 IamJeo

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:44 pm
Ugly or not, this fixed the problem for now, thanks Jineapple (again)! ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [kLu]Troy

Posted 6 November 2017 - 2:06 am
Glad to hear that jeowaypoint. Have fun if you have any issues you can always join Voobly Help Room or post another thread in Technical Support forums for us to help you fix it :).

Thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts