Problem: AoE RoR game freeze

skvelichkov

Posted 25 December 2017 - 7:21 pm
Hello,

I and my brother are trying to play "Age of Empires: Rise of Rome". We have version 1.0a. We use laptop and PC which are connected to Internet via our home router.

We start a game (two of us together with some AI's) and after 1-2 minutes the game freezes. The music and sounds are playing, we can click but nothing happens. I can see my brother's messages in the game but he cannot see mine. When he leaves the game, the game continues without a problem. I tried to play only with AI's and everything is OK (I've played a whole game of about 30-40 minutes).

What can be the problem?

Best regards,
Stanislav
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:15 pm
hi
i assume you mean at voobly?
have you forwarded any ports on the router? port 16000udp to one pc, say port 5000udp to the other?
Link | Reply | Quote
 skvelichkov

Edited 26 December 2017 - 11:26 am by skvelichkov
kitt wrote:
hi
i assume you mean at voobly?
have you forwarded any ports on the router? port 16000udp to one pc, say port 5000udp to the other?
Yes, I meant at Voobly. Both PC had NAT Traversal settings "Port 16000 UDP". We tried changing one to "Port 5000 UDP" but the problem still exists.

edit: Now we managed to play 2v2 (vs 2 AI) without a problem. Is it possible that the problem occurs when there are more AI's?

edit 2: We made another game 2v3 (vs 3 AI) without a problem.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts