Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > Cant host Game - unable to join . But I can play if I not the host

Cant host Game - unable to join . But I can play if I not the host

v__V__v

Posted 27 January 2018 - 5:45 am
I tried to diable all FW and still have this problem. Please advise.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 January 2018 - 2:42 pm
hi
it looks as if your pc is refusing the peer to peer necessary to host.
the game and voobly need to be allowed through any pc firewall.
you would need to uninstall any pc firewall, as a test, reboot and try. disabling does not always help.
make sure you only have one pc firewall.
Link | Reply | Quote
 v__V__v

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:37 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
it looks as if your pc is refusing the peer to peer necessary to host.
the game and voobly need to be allowed through any pc firewall.
you would need to uninstall any pc firewall, as a test, reboot and try. disabling does not always help.
make sure you only have one pc firewall.
Thank you. I have only the windows 10 FW and AVG anti [You must login to view link] how would you suggest to contiue?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 February 2018 - 2:58 pm
hi
one version of AVG has a firewall i think. recheck the setting on it and w10 f/wall to allow voobly and the game.
check your router firewall is at default.
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:51 am
hi i am having the same problem after i installed patch 1.7 can someone help please
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 June 2018 - 1:22 pm
hi
do you mean this patch: 1.5 BETA R7?
uninstall it, reboot the pc then join a lobby and let voobly auto install it.
try
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 4 August 2018 - 9:33 am
no solution i just started using my second laptop and its working fine on this one anyway thank you so much for the help but the problem has been the same cheers
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 August 2018 - 2:33 pm
This has to be a firewall problem. You more likely have a firewall or security app that is preventing access for other users to connect to you.

On the second laptop where its working now, are you using the same network that you are using on the first one to connect to the internet?

if yes, you can rule out the possibility of a router firewall, else you might want to check for firewall settings on your router as well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 5 August 2018 - 10:25 am
no there is no firewall problem i don't understand what seems to be the exact problem i checked it on 3 different laptops and found out the issue started only after my initial game had been updated to 1.7 anyway there was another post similar to this left unquestioned as all these solutions led to nothing but even reinstalling doing it all out step by step,reinstalling patch etc dint work,so i am happy at least i can play on the new laptops with exactly same settings and configuration but best of luck for those who are still messaging me or looking on similar forums to find a solution
thank a lot for the help
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:00 am
Have you tried running the game with 1.4rc, does it work? If it is a problem with 1.5 patch, it should work fine on 1.4.

Test the game on all 3 laptops with 1.4rc patch and let us know how it went.

I am quite positive, it is a firewall issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 11 August 2018 - 5:00 am
After that 1.7 upate i tried that as well as uninstalling and doing a clean install,someone from voobly support said its not original game thats why its happening so i bought it and tried all the steps again but that laptop still has the same problem,hopefully i dont get it on the others as everything worked fine for years but all of a sudden it stopped on one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 11 August 2018 - 6:06 pm by +sunny@voobly
Installing the 1.5 patch will have no effect on 1.4. So if you have the same problem with 1.4 as well then you can comfortably rule out the possibility of a patch issue. It is most certainly a firewall issue in that case.

If i were you I would double check and triple check my control panel installed programs for traces of any antivirus or firewall application, and then uninstall them one by one. You can of-course install them later again, after you have tested the issue post uninstallation.

I will reiterate and summarize one more time. This is NOT a patch issue. It is 100% a permission issue either on your computer (application restricted such as your firewall/ antivirus) or on your network (by your router/modem)

Edit:

Since you mentioned it does work fine on your other 2 laptops then I am absolutely sure it is a firewall block.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Spoon]Hygdrasil

Posted 11 October 2018 - 6:10 pm
I have the same problem as the author has, and I would really enjoy some help. Ive got the AVG internet security and has allowed all connections from/to voobly and the aoe programs, but it still wont let me host a game.

is there any updates on the matter?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 11 October 2018 - 6:21 pm
I have the same problem as the author has, and I would really enjoy some help. Ive got the AVG internet security and has allowed all connections from/to voobly and the aoe programs, but it still wont let me host a game.

is there any updates on the matter?

Hi.

For more visibility, I invite you please to create your own thread, so we can assist you efficiently.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts