Personal HotSpot on iPhone

thenorm

Posted 26 February 2018 - 6:12 am
hello everyone, I’m trying to play AoC thru a personal hotspot via my iphone’s LTE network. I am able to join games but keep being forwarded thru a fast proxy and unable to play with others. I don’t believe I’m able to forward ports on my iPhone, is there a possible work around where I can connect to others? any help would be much appreciated. thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 thenorm

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:00 am
will it possibly be supported in the future? due to me living in a rural area, a dsl or cable connection is not possible :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:22 pm
hi
its not likely.sorry.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]RAY

Edited 28 February 2018 - 12:44 pm by [USA]RAY
thenorm,

I think you'll have more luck posting in tethering / mobile hotspot / vpn forums. However, from a quick google search it looks like iPhone does not have that feature, and even if it did mobile carriers would likely not support it. A work around would be connecting to a VPN that provides a public IP and incoming connections ($30-$60/year if you don't use one already).

[You must login to view link]

Let me know if you find any more information. I don't use a mobile connection, but might have to in the future.
Link | Reply | Quote
 thenorm

Posted 16 March 2018 - 9:09 am
[USA]RAY wrote:
thenorm,

I think you'll have more luck posting in tethering / mobile hotspot / vpn forums. However, from a quick google search it looks like iPhone does not have that feature, and even if it did mobile carriers would likely not support it. A work around would be connecting to a VPN that provides a public IP and incoming connections ($30-$60/year if you don't use one already).

Let me know if you find any more information. I don't use a mobile connection, but might have to in the future.

Thank you so much! By using AirVPN and installing their software. I was able to forward ports and I am now able to connect to other players! Thanks again, I was not aware this was possible. AirVPN only charges $52 for the year.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts