No clue what's going on

SassyDugong

Posted 9 March 2018 - 12:55 am
I have just got a new pc with windows 10. It will not allow connection through port 16000 it seems. I have tried turning off windows firewall and creating port forwarding on the router and creating new rules in the firewall but after everything when I return to the network diagnostics it continues to not be able to conncect to even 1 of three of the servers. It continues to use a fast-proxy connection.

The best part is with no changes needed at all, my old laptop connects to voobly peers directly and is fine. No errors in network diagnostic at all. Both games are installed the same way and my new PC has no anti-virus ect. that im aware of. Was just less then a week ago that it was factory reset. It is an Acer Predator 15 and has some interesting Killer Wireless stuff going on (some software that improves connection efficiencies), but there's no information about that interrupting the connection anywhere and I don't think it would have that effect.

I feel like the issue must be something simple residing within the software of my new pc as my other laptop works fine. My old pc has a smashed 13 inch screen and turtles in big games as it is an ultrabook. I do not want to have to use it to play on voobly.

Please help me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 9 March 2018 - 3:05 am by kitt
hi
as its a new pc it may have several trial apps on it you are not currently aware of. have a butchers hook.
you only need one pc firewall. some anti-virus have f/walls.
your ip is not pingable [124.149.132.185]see if icmp is turned on, on the router.
given all you have done is install the game/voobly to the [86] directory and not altered the router or got a new connection, its blocked on the pc i think.

Link | Reply | Quote
 SassyDugong

Posted 9 March 2018 - 7:02 am
so idk wtf happened, but it's fixed now for some reason

i swear to god it would not work earlier, so maybe the router needed time to work after the changes were made, cheers anyway
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 March 2018 - 12:26 pm
hi
ok

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts