AI script error

B1GNegator

Posted 12 March 2018 - 7:29 pm
Hello there!

So I recently joined Voobly, did a clean & full install yesterday evening, all worked fine and well. I did a quick game versus AIs this afternoon, they worked very fine and I couldn't wait to try and play with my flatmate instead of going on Stream like we usually do. But upon starting the game, a conversion-like sound would pop, and the AI wouldn't do anything but explore with villagers, and die to wolves. I did a few reseachs on internet to find out that the game wouldn't properly load the AI cause the folder wasn't found.

I created a folder "AI" within the Steam HD folder, and also in the "Script.Ai" one, to see if it would fix the issue.
One change I noticed is that I could indeed choose between all the new AIs I downloaded, but the bug would still happen, and so makes the game unplayable with my flatmate.

There's also a tons of AI files in the "Voobly Mods/AOC/Local Mods/Ai pack/Ai" and these are the one I downloaded from the Game Mod Center.

I have no idea what to try now. Where and which AI files are to be moved? Should I again do a clean install if it was to be corrupted? Why is it corrupted in the first place? It worked just fine 30 mins before I tried to play online with my flatmate versus AIs. Is this happening cause of the recent v1.5 Beta R6 patches, eventho I played with v1.5 Beta R5 patch?

I'll glady appreciate any helpful input, as long as it's not a generic answer that I could find in another thread, cause I checked them and I'd prefer a step-by-step solution so I can enjoy voobly with my flatmate.

Best regards!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:56 pm
hi B1GNegator,

What is the Ai error you get?

Does the bug happens with 1.4RC too?

If you use those custom Ai and still get error then you may need reinstall:
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Link | Reply | Quote
 B1GNegator

Posted 14 March 2018 - 4:57 pm
The error I had was the following:

[You must login to view link]

Since then I figured out the issue was setting more than 300 pop. Before finding that out I tried a complete reinstall but the issue was still happening, and all the custom AIs I downloaded would not do anything
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 14 March 2018 - 8:11 pm by [MM]Gallas
Glad you solved it :)

Some Ai only work in specific settings (unless was said the opposite), but scripters are making the users aware of it (mostly by Ai talk in chat at begin of the game). Also changing patch may can help, but again, depends on the Ai.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts