Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Command bar change LEFT: can't use 1920x1080 resolution

Command bar change LEFT: can't use 1920x1080 resolution

[ByT]Edutosu

Edited 12 March 2018 - 8:06 pm by [ByT]Edutosu
I have an issue when i try to change the command's bar position from "Userpatch" to "left, center, right or streched".

With "Userpatch" im allowed to use my default resolution 1920x1080:
[You must login to view link]

But with others like "left" i can just go up to 1535x864:

I have the game room settings as recomended:

I've also spoken to two members of the support team and recommendations like:

editing registry.

havent worked.

I think most people use the 1920x1080 resolution and i can see on twitch lots of pros being able to play with the mini map in the middle.

Thank You in advance for help! ;good ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:58 pm
hi Edutosu,

This problem may related to your monitor and videocard/display settings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ByT]Edutosu

Edited 13 March 2018 - 4:35 pm by [ByT]Edutosu
Hello again Gallas,

Any ideas of how i could confirm or fix it?

Here is my pc's specification:

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ByT]Edutosu

Posted 13 March 2018 - 4:51 pm
Hello,

Something I just realized is that the game in voobly runs with Intel Integrated graphics card while the hd version runs with the nvidia gtx850m.

I haven't been able to make the voobly version work with the other card.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 March 2018 - 8:57 pm
Hi there,

This is a problem related to the resolution. The left and center command bar positions are meant for wide screen custom resolutions (kind of what you get when you use 2 monitors side by side, which effectively doubles your horizontal resolution). This is why you will be able to use these command bar positions when you have 2 or more monitors setup in extended mode.

Most streamers have more than one monitor setup, which is why they are able to use these custom command bar positions to suit their non standard resolutions. If you have more than one monitors connected to your system in extended mode, we would be happy to help you set this up for you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ByT]Edutosu

Edited 6 April 2018 - 9:53 am by [ByT]Edutosu
hello,

Thanks for your time Sunny, so with a wider display i would be able to do it with no problems?

I've managed it to work with the offline launcher of Wololokingdoms "WK.exe" choosing the left command bar during the setup.

Any chance of this working in multiplayer?

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:32 pm
Maybe this can help:
ZergOnly wrote:
WooW, I eventually found out the solution, I'm going to share it here so next time you see someone with a similar issue, you can tell that person this simple fix... :

Go to display settings in windows, there you should find a window's "scaling", mine was on 125% (recommended); I switched it to 100% (not the recommended one therefore); and suddenly, my resolution issue with the centered minimap is gone!

I can now finally select Game>Resolution Tool>Command Bar> Left instead of user patch without having the game crashing at launch or being stuck with 15xx_10xx resolution in game; I get the center minimap and my 1920x1200 res ;king ;thumbup ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ByT]Edutosu

Edited 20 April 2018 - 10:33 pm by [ByT]Edutosu
It worked!! thank you very much Gallas for remembering my post. I switched to custom resolution 124% instead of 125%(recommended) and the issue is gone.

Voobly seems to work at 100% scaling, so its a bit uncomfortable on the Voobly lobbie, but the rest of Windows feels the same with just 1% difference.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts