you must restart voobly

[RoMonk]koandcul

Edited 31 March 2018 - 9:25 pm by [RoMonk]koandcul
Hi.

I get this error over and over again.

I had done the
Code:
Age of Kings 2a: Game Patch Age of Empires The Conquerors 1c: Game Patch Age of Empires The Conquerors 1e (If needed): Game Patch

I get this on every games ( age of kings, forgoten empires , conqs.

I use linux with Wine ( run exe on linux ).
Firewall shields down

You must login into Voobly to view image

Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 April 2018 - 11:52 pm
hi
theres some posts on linux etc. may/not be of help: https://www.voobly.com/forum/view/501
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoMonk]koandcul

Posted 6 April 2018 - 11:45 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
theres some posts on linux etc. may/not be of help: https://www.voobly.com/forum/view/501
Thanks.
I found CZ_karyk topic on "AoC on voobly in linux (complete guide)"

I think it's something with the directplay. For some reasons I can't install it..
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoMonk]koandcul

Posted 6 April 2018 - 11:53 pm
Game Diagnostics:
Code:
Game version is '2.0a-VLY' Checking DirectPlay libraries... Looking for dpwsockx.dll... Failure! DirectPlay failed to load properly. This is probably an OS installation bug. You might need to reinstall your operating system. Windows 8.1 and later users can install DirectPlay through Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay.

All aoe2 games work very well.. but not on voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 mau_rc23

Posted 10 April 2018 - 2:30 am
same problem here, DirectPlay failed to load properly
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sylve

Posted 8 July 2018 - 11:18 am
Same.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 July 2018 - 12:51 pm
hi
try a post in general forum and see if others using linux can help
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sylve

Edited 8 July 2018 - 3:58 pm by Sylve
Ok I spoke too fast. Looks like the problem was coming from the fact that I was using wine 64-bits and not 32-bits, cuz now it works like a charm. Still have to see if I don't have connection issues. The only thing that I regret is that the mouse in AoC is much less smooth when playing within Voobly than without. nvm, not a big deal, but if anybody has an advice (I'll keep looking for the best DirectX and Windows Compatibility options), it would be welcome!

(nb: Actually I already did a topic on this issue there ( https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/253679 ), but seems like it's not completely solved even with Calvin's advices ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

edit bis: sorry for being off-topic

Cheers ;3happy
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoMonk]koandcul

Posted 11 January 2019 - 6:10 pm
every time I have fixed an error, I get another one

it has been 1 year and a half since I created this account and I never played a game. People may start thinking it's a fake account

network diagnostics:
Test Result: Not Forwarded
Network Health: Warnings found but probably OK
Recommended Action: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

game diagnostics:
Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoMonk]koandcul

Edited 11 January 2019 - 8:12 pm by [RoMonk]koandcul
that error was for aoc, here is one for aok:

yes, I have a router, but I don't have access to any settings, I connect to it by using wifi
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:55 am
hi
if you dont have access then you probably connect to your isp through an aerial. if thats so contact them.
if theres another reason you cannt access the router explain.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoMonk]koandcul

Posted 12 January 2019 - 4:37 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
if you dont have access then you probably connect to your isp through an aerial. if thats so contact them.
if theres another reason you cannt access the router explain.

I'm not the owner of the router, I just know the wifi password. But i can talk to the owner if I need to fix something in the router.

I will come with an edit after I try to connect using a cable internet
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 12 January 2019 - 5:00 pm by kitt
hi
two things.
you need to enable nat in a game room, from the settings menu, advanced settings. [besides the launch button]
enable anti-cheat as well [same place]
port forwarding 16000udp to your private ip may help over all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoMonk]koandcul

Edited 13 January 2019 - 9:14 pm by [RoMonk]koandcul
those settings were already enabled

still I get this error when I try to launch the game

If I set to watch a demo on voobly, then the game will run

what I need to do in the router ? I have Tenda router. I don't know where to forward ip
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:02 pm
hi
scroll down and find your router: [You must login to view link]
but that wouldnt appear to be your main problem.
from options at the top of a lobby, do the game diagnostic and show here. as for any linux etc problems sorry no ideas there.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 20 posts