Checksum Error for New User

ValEnti_

Posted 9 April 2018 - 12:10 am
The error message shown below appears when I join the AOE2 players lobby. Following Voobly's instructions, I reinstalled AOE2 through Steam; I also reinstalled Voobly. Neither of these actions corrected the issue. What should I try next to fix this?

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll'
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Failure!

Checksum of 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' is ffffffff which doesn't match the expected value. The file has been tampered with or removed. This is mostly because of a virus, it's recommended that you upload the file to [You must login to view link] to scan for viruses. You can also try reinstalling Voobly to see if the problem goes away.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2018 - 1:41 pm
hi
i suggest you follow this tutorial exactly and then see: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 ValEnti_

Posted 6 July 2018 - 3:17 am
I attempted the re-install a few times following the recommended instructions, but I continue to get the same error message (pasted below) ... is there any way to fix this?

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Failure!

Checksum of 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' is ffffffff which doesn't match the expected value. The file has been tampered with or removed. This is mostly because of a virus, it's recommended that you upload the file to [You must login to view link] to scan for viruses. You can also try reinstalling Voobly to see if the problem goes away.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 July 2018 - 11:56 am
HI there,

What security applications are you using (Antivirus/ Firewall/ Anti malware)?

Try disabling your security apps and then delete the AOC folder from 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata'. Thereafter relogin to Voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
 ValEnti_

Posted 6 July 2018 - 9:25 pm
I am using Windows Defender. Disabling 'real-time protection,' 'cloud-delivered protection,' and 'automatic sample submission' seemed to work. I am now able to log on without any error messages.

Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 July 2018 - 1:21 am
hi
ok

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts