TCP reset from Voobly client server

PaulJeyasingh

Posted 9 April 2018 - 1:17 am
Hi Team,

When i am trying to connect to Voobly client from my home internet, I keep getting "Network Connection Error [Code: 10000005]' - I went further to check whats causing this issue and found this was caused by TCP reset from client.voobly.com. Want to understand, was my IP added to any kind of blocking on Voobly's end?

From the packet capture info, I can clearly see it was rejected by 198.50.175.1 server and here is my public IP "112.206.207.136".

I have the packet capture attached for further investigation.

Note* If i use VPN or from my Office internet or Mobile internet its working fine.

Thanks,
Paul Jeyasingh.
Attachments:
voobly1.pcapng (file size: 976 B)
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2018 - 2:36 am
hi
seems your now on line.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 9 April 2018 - 6:54 am
If i use proxy, and hide my IP address i was able to login. But with my IP i am unable to do so.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2018 - 1:37 pm
hi
a long time back we were subject to spamming from philippines, possible ip is still in the server. just a guess as we dont use ip bans normally.
you can request a new WAN ip from your isp or turn off the router/modem for a few hours and you will get a new ip.
i will make enquires as to whether thats a possibility.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 9 April 2018 - 9:29 pm
Thanks very much, I dont think my IP will change even if i turn off my router. When I use proxy most times i get FP issues. I cannot play from my office - at time i do play :D Would request to remove any restriction for this IP 112.206.207.136 as this was my home IP please.

I am sure, the TCP reset was from client.voobly.com server so there was some kind of restriction to this IP. Thanks very much in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2018 - 11:48 pm
hi
if you turn off the router/modem for a few hours, you should get a new ip.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 10 April 2018 - 9:24 am
Hello Team,
Did tried it, got a new IP 112.206.196.141 and still the same. I think the entire subnet is blocked. Would request to please have a check on this. Please help me :(

Thanks in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2018 - 3:04 pm
hi
seems nothing is blocked.
do you have a anti-virus installed?
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:08 pm
Please have the attached packet capture I sent, the TCP reset was coming from your server. I am an Network engineer and i did my troubleshooting and research to see where the issue is from.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:18 pm
hi
thats good, you should appy for tech help job here.
doesnt open for me that file. having consulted another tech, he suggests looking at what your AV is, especially if its kaspersky.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 12 April 2018 - 2:49 pm
Hi Team, - I have McAfee, i am using the same laptop in office it works fine. Same laptop if I use Proxy it's work fine. Same laptop, if i switch via my mobile internet it work fine but its slow. Any how, thanks for looking into it - But, I am 100% sure its blocked on Voobly server.

I am spending 5$ per month for the VPN, instead I can spend in to Voobly. Using VPN i get FP issues at time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 April 2018 - 2:58 am
hi
im told its not. if your using a vpn then your f/wall would not be a factor. have you check macafee logs etc to see if its interfering?
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 20 April 2018 - 1:07 am
Guys, i am 100% sure its from Vooble server end. Here is the packet capture information again if the have a look at the return traffic from your server thats when its getting the TCP reset connection.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaulJeyasingh

Posted 20 April 2018 - 1:09 am
Please find the attached logs. If you share this info with your IT-Team they will be able to see its from your server end.
Attachments:
Vooble.JPG (file size: 112.36 KB)
Vooble.pcapng (file size: 976 B)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 April 2018 - 6:18 pm
Hello there,

We received a lot of spam from IPs within your range and therefore the entire IP block from both the mentioned IPs were in the drop list. These are now removed from the firewall and you should be able to login now.

Please check back and let us know if the problem persists.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 17 posts