Resolution issue

ZergOnly

Posted 9 April 2018 - 5:20 am
Hi!

I'm having some issue having the command bar to the left (centered map); when I select it from Resolution tools>command bar position, then my max resolution is 15xx_12xx but with Userpatch selected I can go up to 1920_1200.

Is there a way I could change and force the resolution of the game by changing a specific file/creating a config file with the wanted resolution?

I want to play with a centered minimap but I also want to have 1920_1200/1920_1080 res at least. Didn't find a solution to make it work yet and as I've already seen on the forum, other people got the same problem as me but the issue wasn't solved...

Thanks in advance for you help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2018 - 1:44 pm
hi
the latest patch should be selected to play in a game room for rated games. not sure why it wouldnt be.
you try these recommended settings see if they help: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZergOnly

Edited 9 April 2018 - 5:35 pm by ZergOnly
Hello kitt,

Thanks for you help but you might have misunderstood my problem here, with the settings you advice, the command bar position is UserPatch therefore the minimap is still gonna be on the bottom right corner but my goal is to have it in the middle of my screen. I have a very hard time keeping track of the minimap on the bottom right whereas when I watch streamers using the minimap in the bottom middle part of the screen, I'm clearly glancing at the minimap every 2-3 sec or so; it's just 100 times more convenient, especially as the player i believe.

I already tried tweakin with fiftyish or so different combinations of options in the Game settings (including the one you linked with the differents Command Bar Position) and nothing is working out from those parameters. I also did the clean installation process; tried pretty much everything I could find around this subject without success... That is why I wonder if it would be possible to force a resolution with *Left* Command Bar Position selected from the folder of the game by tweaking a file/creating one. Or if you have any other functionnal solution you might purpose at the tech support.

Thanks for your time !

Ps: I tried to seek help from the voobly Support Lobby but I've been in the "Wait to speak room" something 60+ hours already at different times and no one ever came ;ermm
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZergOnly

Edited 9 April 2018 - 7:04 pm by ZergOnly
When I select Left in Command Bar Position I get these resolutions:
[You must login to view link]

With Userpatch in Command Bar Position those:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2018 - 11:37 pm
hi
ok
have a word with gallas/troy[pm] they may be able to help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZergOnly

Edited 16 April 2018 - 8:21 am by ZergOnly
WooW, I eventually found out the solution, I'm going to share it here so next time you see someone with a similar issue, you can tell that person this simple fix... :

Go to display settings in windows, there you should find a window's "scaling", mine was on 125% (recommended); I switched it to 100% (not the recommended one therefore); and suddenly, my resolution issue with the centered minimap is gone!

I can now finally select Game>Resolution Tool>Command Bar> Left instead of user patch without having the game crashing at launch or being stuck with 15xx_10xx resolution in game; I get the center minimap and my 1920x1200 res ;king ;thumbup ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:32 pm
hi
ok
thanks for that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:32 pm
Nice!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Fr']ClemOL45

Posted 20 June 2018 - 4:15 am
Exactly same problem for me here ! Since I changed from 125% to 100%, it's fine !
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:47 pm
hi
great

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts