Ingame delay

Koning_Marcel

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:19 pm
Hello guys,

Today I installed voobly and everything works fine untill I am ingame. I have this delay between actions. For example when I want to create a house which I use the hotkeys B+Q for. On aoeHD on steam I can press to buttons almost instantly and the house pops up. On voobly this does not work. When I press B I have to wait almost an entire second before i can press Q because if i do it faster nothing happens. Also my mouse movements arent as smooth as they are in HD. This makes it impossible to do things fast, which is essential in this game.

I talked to the technical support, and tried to reinstall the game but this didnt solve the problem unfortunatly.

I hope someone here can help me, all help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 28 April 2018 - 2:07 am
hi
in a game room, see if these settings help: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png
Link | Reply | Quote
 Koning_Marcel

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:59 am
I tried that already but it didnt help unfortunately.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Edited 28 April 2018 - 3:00 pm by Jineapple
Install the Userpatch 1.5 Beta: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/631/v15-Beta-R6
and set that as the patch in the game room settings.
It significantly lowers the minimum command input delay.
Also, once you have done so, in the 1.5 beta settings in the top menu bar->game, make sure that keydown hotkeys are selected.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Koning_Marcel

Posted 28 April 2018 - 6:52 pm
thank you it workedd!!
the hotkey delay is gone now which is a huge improvement. however the mouse movement still feels not as smooth as in HD. do you maybe know how to fix this aswell?

thanks again!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [kLu]Troy

Edited 28 April 2018 - 8:01 pm by [kLu]Troy
Hello, Movement it's self is normal on Voobly. HD edition has a smooth movement (I don't know why) There is no way to give it smooth camera/mouse movement like it is on HD but you will find better games and more friends here in Voobly. 8)

Also you can get custom mods here for better game improvements https://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods
Link | Reply | Quote
 Koning_Marcel

Posted 29 April 2018 - 4:37 pm
oke thanks for the quick responses everybody! :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 29 April 2018 - 9:43 pm
There is also an option for smooth mouse scrolling in the 1.5 beta settings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Koning_Marcel

Posted 1 May 2018 - 9:11 pm
That does not improve it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [kLu]Troy

Edited 3 May 2018 - 8:45 am by [kLu]Troy
Hello, the smoothness of the camera/mouse is a HD version addon that is not in the original version of the game. You are playing the "original" version when you use the compatibility patch to play on Voobly so it's just normal version of the game with no HD special effects/addons.

Hopefully I answers your question. ;flowers

Link | Reply | Quote
 Koning_Marcel

Posted 6 May 2018 - 5:01 pm
Thanks for the answers everybody :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [kLu]Troy

Posted 6 May 2018 - 9:11 pm
No problem =) have a fun experience on Voobly!

Thread Closed

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts