Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > Voobly Crashes Every 20mins, all other web applications keep working

Voobly Crashes Every 20mins, all other web applications keep working

killer_b_aoc

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:44 pm
Hey guys,

I have a weird problem that has been plaguing me for a while...Voobly crashes constantly.

Here's the part I find odd. It only crashes on my home internet. Wireless internet, or any other connection (at my old apartment, friends house, etc.) I can find is stable. I'm using the same computer in all cases, which is a macbook running bootcamp. I am guessing it could be my router firewall causing the problem, but I am a mere biologist, and thus I seek your sagely advice.

More specifically, every 5 to 45 minutes my voobly chat/game browser crashes. If I am in a match, I disconnect. If I am a spec, I do not disconnect.

If I am streaming on twitch, I have no interruption in frames (no drops). I also have no problem streaming video on youtube, etc. as far as dropping or getting a loading screen.

Voobly is not the only thing affected though, when I watch twitch, chat will stop updating at around the same interval (approx 20mins). (Specifically, I drop from the chat room, even though video does not drop)...chat just stops updating in the chat room. This may not help with the diagnosis, so feel free to disregard this problem.

Help me out ohh brilliant tech friends...I will gladly serenade you with any love song you wish!

Thanks for reading,
Tyler
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:50 am
hi
ok
have no idea on mac's but as you say it looks to be more when you are using your home modem/router.
whats the make/model number of the modem/router? whats your home set up? have you set any port forwarding? if you have check the private ip is still the same as you forwarded.
the modem/router firewall should have no bearing on voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 killer_b_aoc

Posted 31 May 2018 - 6:54 pm
Thanks for reading Kitt.

I have a Sagemcom F@st 3686 V3.

I have tried port forwarding a few weeks ago, but I can't say if I did it correctly. My understanding was that this can help with fp/ping issues - but my ping situation is okay...only the occasional drop from voobly. Do you think I should try looking into this again?

Its a very strange situation...I think it may be the ISP, but I can't quite nail it down. They did come and replace some wires...after I complained a bunch...before this I was having internet drops - meaning I would get a windows notification saying that I had no internet (even when plugged in) for about 3-5 seconds every once and a while (similar interval to the voobly drops, which has me suspicious). They came and replaced wires and refuse to come back saying that it is fixed...its hard to argue, since everything except voobly and twitch chat work without interruption.

Is it possible my internet is dropping for a split second causing voobly to drop?

This video shows my previous problem at 4min 10s to 4min 20s. I do not get a windows notification anymore about losing connection, but the symptom of voobly crashing is at a similar interval to this dropping problem.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=IgG5NJP_Aus

Thanks for your time,
Tyler
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:53 pm
hi
the connection only has to blink to lose connection to a game.
this should be your router. check your port forwarding is like this:[You must login to view link]
you only need port 16000udp forwarded to your pc private ip.
you can use the free app here to check its open: [You must login to view link]

step1 and dhcp to reserve your ip: [You must login to view link]
your router should have a log section, see if it shows any reconnects. as to the isp i cannt say but always make more of a problem when you talk to them. lol.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts