Symmetric NAT once again

MkeAOEGreatAgn

Posted 10 June 2018 - 4:01 pm
Hi all,

anybody got some tips how to get from "symmetric NAT" to an "All Pass" connection?

I have read through pretty much all the help pages, forwarded UDP16000, tried with and without UPNP but nothing seems to work... My connection is native ipv6, does that have any influence?

I run a FritzBox 7390 on latest firmware, lan connection - so no wifi issues either.

Thanks in advance
Felix
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:07 pm
hi
check your port forwarding is ok. you only need port 16000udp to the pc private ip:
[You must login to view link]
you should be on a dual stack with the isp so you should have an ipv4 ip. what is the internet connection?
dsl lite?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MkeAOEGreatAgn

Posted 11 June 2018 - 4:19 pm
Hi Kitt,

thanks for the answer. I'm not exactly an expert, so I'll try to clarify.

I have done it exactly as described in the guide you posted, and the router is giving a green light as well.
Regarding my connection: my router says it is connected via ipv6, for ipv4 it says it is using a DS-Lite-Tunnel. When i look up my ip address online, it doesn't give me the ipv4 digits but rather the ipv6 one (xxxx:xxx: and so forth). Not really sure what you mean by dsl lite.

I additionally made sure my computer has a static ip, so that's not the problem either. Also redid the port forwarding in the router - no change.

Thanks again
Felix
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:36 am
hi
ok
recently there was another player with a FritzBox same problem but i cannt find the post atmm.
i would think the static ip needs to be ipv6 and the forwarding ipv6.
a word with the isp tech dept may help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MkeAOEGreatAgn

Edited 12 June 2018 - 5:14 pm by MkeAOEGreatAgn
I think you're referring to this one, but they also didn't find a solution. Static ipv6 with ipv6 forwarding doesnt change it unfortunately.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 13 June 2018 - 12:24 am by kitt
hi
yes but i was wrong it is a different problem, he is using a repeater.
i assume when you set the ip/forwarded it, you got the ip from this: start, run, type cmd [enter] type ipconfig /all[enter]

the ip address there for the pc/forwarding is 192.168.1.115.
perhaps the isp tech dept has some suggestions on how the box should be set up.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts