"Unable to join game"

[HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 5 July 2018 - 6:13 pm
Hi there,

I have been using Voobly for a long time, without any problems. However, about one month ago, I became unable to join any games that I host myself. It gives me the error "unable to join game". Joining games that are hosted by other people works just fine.

I tried various things to solve the problem. First, I re-installed both AOC and Voobly from scratch, which did not help. I ran the network diagnostics tool, which indicated that there are no problems. The problem also remains when disabling both my firewall and antivirus, and rebooting my pc afterwards. During the past month I have seen several posts about this issue from other people, but have not found any solution. As a side note, all people with this problem seem to be running Windows 10 (which includes me).

All in all, I am usure on what further steps I could take to solve this problem.

Kind regards,
PoofyCrocodile
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 5 July 2018 - 7:11 pm by Troy
Can you please add a couple things for me.

1. Screenshot or Copy+Paste of Game Diagnostics here.
2. Do you have Direct play enabled in Windows 10?

Please try running voobly/game as administrator then also try these settings for max performance below,
(You don't need to have "Start in windows mode" ticked on if you don't stream).
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 5 July 2018 - 7:39 pm
Game Diagnostics:
Code:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II' Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists... Success! Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists... Success! Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Game version is '1.0C-VLY' Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists... Success! Checking DirectPlay libraries... Looking for dpwsockx.dll... Looking for dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes DirectPlay Init Success! Scanning installed DirectPlay games... Age of Empires II Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Game was found in DirectPlay registry! DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II' DirectPlay command line is 'lobby' DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Verifying file exists... Success! DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' Verifying file exists... Success! Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Success! Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

I have Direct play enabled in Windows 10, I run Voobly as administrator, and am using those settings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 July 2018 - 11:31 pm
hi
from admin tools, application events. see if there is a log entry for this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 6 July 2018 - 9:14 am
Just checked, and could not find any log entries related to it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 July 2018 - 1:47 pm
hi
ok thanks
what AV do you use?
i have an idea on this, maybe.
on what ever browser you are using delete the browser cache and cookies. reboot and try but log in through the web site http://www.voobly.com/
d/load and try another up to date browser and try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 6 July 2018 - 3:09 pm
Im using AVG. Starting voobly with a (different) browser did not solve the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 6 July 2018 - 3:18 pm by kitt
hi
ok thanks
i used to use AVG and it screwed up every so often. uninstall it, you may need the uninstaller from AVG to clear it. reboot and try
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 July 2018 - 3:23 pm
try this uninstaller, i use it: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 6 July 2018 - 3:30 pm
Removed AVG once more (made sure all associated files were removed), but the problem remains. Besides, I know that another person was having the same problem, and they were using a different antivirus.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 July 2018 - 3:36 pm
hi
ok
now im running out of ideas. check your pc firewall follows the below
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 6 July 2018 - 3:48 pm
Yep, my firewall does already follow those rules.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 July 2018 - 4:18 pm
hi
ok thanks
can you as host join a game thats unrated on voobly?
can you as host join a game that has the anti-cheat turned off?
can you as host join a game that you start completely off voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HLT]PoofyCrocodile

Posted 6 July 2018 - 4:33 pm
I can not join a game that I hosted as unrated.
I can not join a game that I hosted with anti-cheat turned off.
I can however join games that I launch in single player mode (from a Voobly lobby).
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 July 2018 - 4:50 pm
Hi there,

Please try the following:

1. Use a different patch to see if it works.
2. Run Voobly as an administrator
3. Uninstall all Voobly mods

If none of the above helps, open your Voobly directory and check the log files. That will give you a hint on what could be the cause of it. The log files are text files (Voobly.txt, Voobly(1).txt and so on).

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 30 posts