AoC Casual League - Inactive

['RB']Queen_Megz

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:37 pm
In an honest opinion of one who has played on Voobly for many years...

I was extremely skeptical about this lobby due to the nature of people within the Voobly community and how limited it is in terms new players coming but rather the community ''dying out.'' I am a player who isn't interested in CBA ect as I find it just an excuse to score points and to 'noob bash.' But I do rather enjoy the more light hearted games of the likes of Jurassic Park and silly games such as Fast Villi.

If I'm honest I thought that this lobby was just another way of pulling players around and segregating the community more, but I have found that there are players including myself who can now enjoy more light hearted gaming. It also helps those that are of a lower gaming skill to be able to access games when they are no longer considered 'New Players.'

Of course everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but I am grateful that Mich is actually trying to do something for Voobly rather than others just saying negative comments without helping the situation. If you have feedback then please by all means help Mich and her team with ideas, but if you have nothing to say which isn't helpful and just criticizing then I'm not sure you actually have a place to comment about someone else. Sorry if this causes offence it is not meant to, but just wanted to voice my personal views.

However, I would like to add that possibly other light hearted games could also be added to the Arcade Lobby such as Zotten's suggestion of Silly Random?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:42 pm
However, I would like to add that possibly other light hearted games could also be added to the Arcade Lobby such as Zotten's suggestion of Silly Random?

+1 finally a serious reply for the greatest map pack ever made
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:24 pm
+1 finally a serious reply for the greatest map pack ever made

Start hosting it on Match Stats then lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:33 pm
mich wrote:
Start hosting it on Match Stats then lol

Pay me so i can take time off from work to play!
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 15 July 2018 - 1:23 pm
She understands that silly random is the future
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 15 July 2018 - 7:23 pm by [dv8]OrangWuTang
She don't understand that all CS players care is CBA and CBA HERO. Cba/Hero are most fun and most competitive maps. But in her dreams CS should be Europe and Bloods 😅😅😅

NOBODY cared and nobody will care about Europe/Bloods. Maybe 5-10 people at most 😅😆😅

I hope I dont sound sarcastic because Im certainly not, but this is almost entirely correct. The staff needs to understand that all of the new generation players who sometimes play stuff like Smosh/Lustful etc are not coming out of nowhere, they once came from CBA/Hero because those two maps are the gateway into Custom Scenarios.

If you want to promote CS or make it bigger you have to promote those two maps. Most of these players probably wont play anything else in the end but some are switching over to Bloods or Alternatives, or are at least trying them out. Can you (Mich) name one single new Blood/Alt player within the last 5 years that has started without playing CBA or Hero first? I cant. Vivo, supercrack, Primez, me, etc all started with CBA and Hero.

By creating a new lobby you arent creating new players, youre just moving them around. I havent joined the lobby yet but I saw that SvW2 is rated there. So I assume all SvW players that once played in the CS lobby are playing there now, because I cant find any SvW rooms in CS anymore. So if I wanted to play SvW once in a while I would need to have two lobbies open at all times to check for rooms. That makes no sense.

You gain one lobby that has about 20 players in there who already play those maps to begin with. And the CS lobby looks more dead than before cause its missing those game rooms that are being hosted there now.

Thats my 5 serious cents and you know Im right, Mich.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 15 July 2018 - 8:21 pm
Quote:
I hope I dont sound sarcastic because Im certainly not, but this is almost entirely correct. The staff needs to understand that all of the new generation players who sometimes play stuff like Smosh/Lustful etc are not coming out of nowhere, they once came from CBA/Hero because those two maps are the gateway into Custom Scenarios.

If you want to promote CS or make it bigger you have to promote those two maps. Most of these players probably wont play anything else in the end but some are switching over to Bloods or Alternatives, or are at least trying them out. Can you (Mich) name one single new Blood/Alt player within the last 5 years that has started without playing CBA or Hero first? I cant. Vivo, supercrack, Primez, me, etc all started with CBA and Hero.
in some point you are right, for me arcade shouldn't be a different lobby, maybe a new npl ladder exclusive for custom maps/mods with leagues and prizes to reward and motivate them.
apart from this is very well known than ppl get motivated when there is some money to play for, i know is hard to get money involved in cs but at the very least we should increase the amount of tourneys and prizes(points for league/premium membership)..the time have been happend and i didn't see any tourney running, i've seen many of them cancelled or didn't even start as a idea, so isn't time to start doing something instead complaining or giving ideas only?
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 15 July 2018 - 10:24 pm by mich

By creating a new lobby you arent creating new players, youre just moving them around. I havent joined the lobby yet but I saw that SvW2 is rated there. So I assume all SvW players that once played in the CS lobby are playing there now, because I cant find any SvW rooms in CS anymore. So if I wanted to play SvW once in a while I would need to have two lobbies open at all times to check for rooms. That makes no sense.

You gain one lobby that has about 20 players in there who already play those maps to begin with. And the CS lobby looks more dead than before cause its missing those game rooms that are being hosted there now.
  1. Bloods are hosted in NPL sometimes. Kim was hosting them quite a bit a while back. I advertise ALL games in NPL regardless of popularity. Played with some of those new players too. Promote bloods along with other alternative style maps and get noobs to learn. Then we have CS growth. How hard is this to comprehend? THE CS LOBBY, AS-IS, IS NOT NOOB FRIENDLY. YOU KNOW IT AND I KNOW IT.
  2. If you have been paying attention, one of the maps I am promoting the most and have tried to give the most attention to ARE CBA & CBA HERO TTM. A lot of those games are being hosted in NPL along with other modded CBA/Hero Maps. Gallas and I have been working on a special Ladder for these folks in Arcade so they can have a semi-rated ladder again. Since TTM has been unrated in CS, those people play in the NPL. Those players teach new players, so on and so forth.
  3. Promote just CBA & CBA Hero? You mean in CS? View me. Another department. CS Lobby Promotion = VCOM CS.
  4. Promoting regular CBA & CBA Hero in Arcade would not make a lot of sense because, YES, then I would be splitting a large community when they have their set-up already in CS, with ratings.
  5. Having an extra lobby open to play a SvW game (where potentially ALL those players will be) is such a huge and utter inconvenience. lol.. *sarcasm*
  6. Lobby numbers look the same to me. And honestly, you two (u and fastcar) are the only two that have complained (that I know of) and put up a huge fuss over this lobby. I've spoken to dozens of players that have given positive feedback and are happy with this lobby. It hasn't been that open for long. Voobly has what, a few thousand players? Well Rome wasn't built in a day.
  7. Promote fun, non intensive, and competitive maps in a more relaxed environment from Arcade. Those players learn and might want to compete in the regular Lobby. If they want to stay in Arcade, that is fine too, unlike NPL. Also no lobby restrictions. Experienced can play with the inexperienced without worry if the game is rated or not.
  8. Players in Arcade who play on any of the Leagues have a chance to gain an award based on the number of games they play, OR the number of games they win. Award on their profile + 50 points on the League Ladder. It's not meant to be serious really, just for fun and to honor players achievements by trying to learn a new map(s). They sign up for the League by simply playing on the League Ladder. They can get #1 just by playing actively vs getting it based soley on skill alone, like in say a VCOM tournament.
  9. If players want to play in Arcade over CS, well then obviously they prefer the more relaxed, unrated environment.

I'm really done responding. I opened an Arcade Lobby Discussion page for a reason. This thread isn't for you to complain on a topic where the discussion is about 'LEAGUES' not LOBBY COMPLAINTS. Any further complaints in here about the Lobby will be deleted. Not the proper place for this type of discussion and more than likely turns off new players to unwanted DRAMA.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OHCP]qloo

Posted 18 July 2018 - 9:44 pm
Wow, really loving this awesome ladder so far ! I think soon this ladder might even overtake CS lobby.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Isey

Posted 23 July 2018 - 2:02 pm
Goof job Mich. Keep it up. ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:19 pm
Due to complaints, the CBA/HERO TTM League is now 4-8 players only.
  • 1v1 > Not allowed. Match will not rate.
  • Coop and FFA with less than 4 players > Not allowed. Match will not rate.
  • Coops not allowed. One player will take credit.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 6 August 2018 - 10:19 pm

Arcade League Updates

Link | Reply | Quote
 Jedem_das_Seine

Posted 6 August 2018 - 11:17 pm
Wow, excited about this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_VZLA_]k1ck3

Posted 7 August 2018 - 1:00 am
should do a 9 tm tournament too