unable to join game after patch 1.7

storm94k

Posted 8 July 2018 - 11:42 am
hi,since i have installed the 1.7 patch on my game i am not able to host any game and get the unable to join error, i can join but not host and i had downloaded version before but someone here on support said you need original to make it work now i bought the HD edition and its still the same problem.all the firewall and the room settings recommended by the staff have been used as well,also i have tried waiting for hours in the live help as well,please help me with this issue thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 July 2018 - 12:32 pm
hi
you mean UP1.5 beta 7?
try following this tutorial and see if it helps?: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:36 am
thanks for replying,already tried that as well but did it once more exactly as described still same error

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 10 July 2018 - 1:41 pm by kitt
hi
update win10 to the latest.
is the user account control on or off?
have a read here and set the pc firewall exe's/ports as show.
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/291665
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:38 am
hi my windows is updated to the latest 10 with all updates,user account i checked and it showed never notify so not sure whether its off or on sorry i am not user and that firewall i have only 16000 port added but i tried to add ip address and ports but not sure how to do that.Also that thread is also not solved so tried all the solutions listed there nothing works unfortunately.the problem is everything was working fine but as soon as i got the 1.7 patch this has started.thanks again for the help
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 11 July 2018 - 2:46 pm by kitt
hi
Quote:
never notify
that means its off. bring the slider up: [You must login to view link]
is win defender your only pc firewall?
follow this to set up the win defender firewall: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
try
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:07 am
Thank you so much,i have done both of them correctly..still same issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:41 am
Hi,

A few suggestions:

1. Use a different patch and see if the problem persists
2. Try hosting a game room in a different lobby than the one you usually play in
3. Check if the game works in single player mode from within Voobly
4. Run Voobly and AOC as an administrator
5. Disable all visual mods and don't use any data mods either

If none of the above works, create a new windows profile (administrator account) and try logging in from that account.
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 15 July 2018 - 3:50 am
Thank you for replying

1. Use a different patch and see if the problem persists
:-still the same
2. Try hosting a game room in a different lobby than the one you usually play in
:-Still no difference
3. Check if the game works in single player mode from within Voobly
:-works in single mode but just cant host
4. Run Voobly and AOC as an administrator
:-same
5. Disable all visual mods and don't use any data mods either
:-no change
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:20 pm
hi
ok
do you have two anti-virus apps installed? [if only one now, was the other removed using the maker uninstall app] or two firewalls?
Link | Reply | Quote
 storm94k

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:24 pm
nothing worked i actually started using my Alienware and installed it on that ...it works fine now..thanks a lot for all the help,,however why did i purchase the game as i cant play hd on voobly as when i patched it it is still the old game as there is no corn icon in the screen...i don't understand

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts