Port forwarding help

Muspel

Edited 14 July 2018 - 12:26 am by Muspel
Well, I can't open the port 16000 that voobly needs.

I tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. I told a friend how to do it and he was able to do it pretty easily but I can't.

I had a static ip and it didn't work, I tried to set my ip to automatically generate ip as my friend but the same thing happen. I change it directly in Windows 7 (didn't change anything in the routers' site).

Before, my static ip was 192.168.0.100 and the new one (automatically generated) is 192.168.0.26 and that's the same number I see as my ipv4 on cmd ipconfig and also in the routers' site when I check the connected devices.

The only difference with my friend is that he could see the name of his pc but mine is blank, no name but I know that's my pc because it says Eth-Switch Lan(3) and that's clearly my pc connected on slot3, not to mention that is the only one connected with eth (the rest with wifi only, cellphones, tv, etc).

Rebooting pc, router, nothing worked. I have a Cisco DPC3928AD.

This is the error that I get all the time:
Quote:
Test Result: Symmetric NAT
Network Health: Poor
Recommended Action: Port forwarding recommended or switch routers. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: Your router assigned different public ports to all the test servers this will make it hard for users to directly connect to you. You will likely see a large number of fast proxies.

I'm not sure what to do, my friend did it easily but I can't do it. The windows' firewall isn't the problem because I tried disabling it and even setting it to default once again, didn't work.

Not sure if it's helpful information but I have one of those wifi extensions in my house, but I connect my pc and the main router with a cable.

My external ip, the one I can found in any website like whatsmyip starts with 181.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:56 am
hi
is this the only box, i assume its a modem come router?
try this:
open the application and gaming page.
open the port forward page.
start..16000. end 16000 protocal udp. ip address 192.168.0.26
apply/save
use the free app to see if port is open: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Muspel

Edited 14 July 2018 - 1:15 am by Muspel
kitt wrote:
hi
is this the only box, i assume its a modem come router?
try this:
open the application and gaming page.
open the port forward page.
start..16000. end 16000 protocal udp. ip address 192.168.0.26
apply/save
use the free app to see if port is open: [You must login to view link]

It's 1 box only, 1 single router nothing else and I connect directly to it with a cable.

In the app you recommended it says the port is not open and the ip that is my external ip (the one that starts with 181)

I know how to open ports and I did exactly what you said yesterday but nothing seems to work. My friend did it on the first try so I'm sure I'm doing the right thing but it doesn't work for me.

My internal ip is 192.168.0.26 no doubt about it. Now, I have it as "BOTH" but I tried UDP and BOTH selected but none of them work.
Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (file size: 16.66 KB)
Untitled-2.jpg (file size: 5.83 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 July 2018 - 1:25 am
hi
ok
is the pc firewall windows defender? then just allow voobly and the game through. you only need one pc firewall.
do you a anti-virus app?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Muspel

Edited 14 July 2018 - 1:32 am by Muspel
kitt wrote:
hi
ok
is the pc firewall windows defender? then just allow voobly and the game through. you only need one pc firewall.
do you a anti-virus app?

The windows' firewall isn't the problem either (window's firewall is the only one I have). I tried disabling the firewall and also setting it to default just in case to allow voobly and everything to go through it. But even when it's disabled, nothing change so I suppose that the firewall isn't the problem.

My antivirus is the free avg which has no firewall as far as I know.

This is the other part of the voobly's network diagnostic:
Quote:
Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 47879 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 47811 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 47715 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 July 2018 - 1:40 am
hi
disabling a f/wall does not stop the kernal working. so its best to configure it or stop it loading at boot.
avg has logs you can check to see if its blocking anything. its also not very good and screws up. kasperski do a free one: [You must login to view link]
if the port forwarding is set as above, applied/saved then need to look elsewere.
confirm the cisco is a modem/router.
talk to the ISP and ask if your on a shared WAN ip with other people.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Muspel

Posted 14 July 2018 - 2:14 am
kitt wrote:
hi
disabling a f/wall does not stop the kernal working. so its best to configure it or stop it loading at boot.
avg has logs you can check to see if its blocking anything. its also not very good and screws up. kasperski do a free one: [You must login to view link]
if the port forwarding is set as above, applied/saved then need to look elsewere.
confirm the cisco is a modem/router.
talk to the ISP and ask if your on a shared WAN ip with other people.

Well, the firewall isn't the problem here. I even tried to add a new rule for the port 16000 udp and the issue is still there, avg is not blocking anything either.

What do you mean by confirm the cisco is a modem/router? I use an ethernet cable to connect to it and it's also the one who provides me with a wifi signal. So, it's a router, right? That's the only thing I have, no other device (except for the wifi extension but that's just an extension, nothing else and I use it with my phone only).

I'll contact my isp and ask them if I have a shared wan but what if I do? What should I tell them?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:40 pm
hi
Quote:
I'll contact my isp and ask them
tell them your installing security cameras and need a unique ip.
Quote:
t's a router, right
to connect to the net you need a modem. to enable other connections and use advanced features like p/forwarding, you need a router. this cisco appears to be both in one unit, which is common in th EU.
some modems are just that and have no advanced features, they just log you in to the ISP and thats all.
the router firewall does not need altering, leave at default.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts