Need help with DirectDraw compatibility

Nvrmore

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:51 am
Hi, my steam version of aoe 2 is running perfectly online and offline.
When trying to start the game in voobly by hosting a room. i'm getting the error: "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and drivers are compatible with DirectDraw".
I installed new drivers, tried 32bit rendering, offline resolution and my game room settings are like this: [You must login to view link] , but nothing seems to work for me.
It's rly frustrating..

image was used by +sunny@voobly on this topic: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/252208
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:22 pm
hi
try "disable hardware acceleration". is your operating system up to date?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nvrmore

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:53 pm
updated yesterday and i tried all options various times with all combinations possible. still getting the error.
im using directx11 on win7 with ati radeon 5800 hd. i rly have no clue why its not running cuz i updated everything. the game path is correct, but it simply wont start with graphic card error.. would love to play over here but seems to be impossible -_-
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 15 July 2018 - 12:27 am by kitt
hi
it could be the install as a patch is needed to play steam version on voobly. try this: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nvrmore

Posted 15 July 2018 - 3:33 pm
i dnt know exactly where the error was but apparently it worked out when i deleted aoe, compatibility patches and voobly. then reinstalling. I guess it was a pathing error, since i had compatibilty in steamapps/newfolder instead of being installed directly in path. who knows. However im super glad it's working now. Thanks for your fast respond. You're keeping the community up. rly nice guy :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 16 July 2018 - 1:01 am
hi
ok

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts