Total desperation-thread about "Unable to join game" in Voobly

[le_13e]DeGianni

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:43 am
Hello fellow Wololo-warriors.

After not playing for some weeks I tried to play AOE 2 on Voobly after the last Wololo-Kingdoms patch came out.

From that point on, I was unable to play. The game just says "Unable to join game" after the loading screen.

Game diagnostics tool says everything ist fine. But it is not. (see in german below)

I reinstalled the game according to the known procedures several times, but nothing helps.
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

I would really appreciate some help. Playing on HD just is not the same than playing on voobly.

Non-DirectPlay Spiel-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Überprüfe 'ebueulax.dll' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'language_x1_p1.dll' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'Sound\music.m3u' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'data\graphics.drs' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' existstiert...
Erfolgreich!
Voobly-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Spiel-Version ist '1.0C'
Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' existstiert...
Erfolgreich!
Überprüfe DirectPlay Libraries...
Suche nach dpwsockx.dll...
Suche nach dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Erfolgreich!
Scanne installierte DirectPlay Spiele...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Spiel wurde in DirectPlay Registry geunden!
DirectPlay deutet auf diesen Installationspfad hin 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay Command-Line ist 'Lobby'
DirectPlay deutet auf diese Spiel-exe hin 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Überprüfe Datei existstiert... Erfolgreich!
Scanne 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Erfolgreich!

Alles in Ordnung! DirectPlay ist konfiguriert und das Spiel wurde auf deiner Festplatte gefunden. Falls noch Probleme bestehen sollten, starte bitte die Lobby neu oder reboote deinen PC.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 29 July 2018 - 12:35 pm by kitt
hi
check you have the latest WK patch.
check your pc firewall and anti-virus still allow the game and voobly through and is not blocking the peer to peer.
if that doesnt help, uninstall the mod, reboot and try. also check the game runs ok completely off of any game site.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [le_13e]DeGianni

Posted 29 July 2018 - 1:22 pm
I only assumed that it is connected with Wololo Kingdoms. But actually it also does not work before installing WK and just playing 1.4 oder 1.5 Beta. Hmm I also tried to reinstall voobly & AOE, maybe I will try again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 29 July 2018 - 3:38 pm by kitt
hi
its more likely to be a firewall/AV problem.
if you have the steam version and want to reinstall try this way: : https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
make sure your User Account Control is on.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts