Any donation for mod makers?

GS_iQuo

Posted 31 July 2018 - 1:09 pm
Hello. i am making a mod for age of empires. The mod will obviously be free to use and everything, but if suppose, people for some reason or the other want to donate money to me, can i put up my paypal link in the mod discription on mod page of voobly?

Now that i am in the works of it, i am posting the mod soon regardless of wether i am allowed to post a donation link or not.

But i definitely would like to know about wethere i am allowed to post my pay pal link on that page. Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 31 July 2018 - 9:36 pm by +chris@voobly
As a general rule its usually a bad idea to try and monetize Voobly or likewise trying to make money off it. We strongly discourage the idea of Voobly being used for any form of commercial use. If you haven't read already, you might want to read this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 31 July 2018 - 8:18 pm
All big mods such as Wololokingdom, Realms, PCM III and many other has no donation button or mentioning about it. Why do you think your should be an exception?
Link | Reply | Quote
 GS_iQuo

Posted 1 August 2018 - 5:56 am
I am not asking for money. people can use it completely for free. But if anyone wants to give some money for the effort put in, why not allow a donation link.
And yeah, for the mods like wololo kingdom, i am sure it takes a ton of effort to make. So why not allow a donation link. Let the community pay the person who made it, and who knows, he or someon else will think of putting even more effort to make this game better, smoother etc...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 1 August 2018 - 7:55 am
As sunny said, its usually a bad idea to try and monetize Voobly or likewise trying to make money off it. We strongly discourage the idea of Voobly being used for any form of commercial use.

Read the Code of Conduct for more information.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts