Yet another "Unable to join game" thread

Lessen

Edited 5 August 2018 - 6:24 am by Lessen
When I host my own game (and just launch it with me the only player, to test) I get "Unable to join game."

I get sort of mixed results when joining (spectating) other games. Sometimes I get "unable to join," one time (spectating a 1v1 with a "Watch" button) I seemed to connect just fine, and two times (connecting to large games possibly hosted far away) I got "fast proxy" messages suggesting I should port forward. And never managed to connect.

I can launch in Single Player mode just fine. Problem still occurs with my Firewall (Windows default) and Avast disabled. I'm also reasonably sure that I've correctly made exceptions for the program in my security programs. But again, the problem occurs with security disabled anyway.

Problem still occurs with Windows XP compatibility mode, and with administrator.

I'm using a Steam installation. The compatibility patch was automatically installed, and I also installed WololoKingdoms. Problem occurs regardless of patch (1.4, 1.5 R7, 1.0c) and regardless of mod being enabled or disabled. And again: I can launch to the Single Player menu and play Single Player just fine, with WololoKingdoms features clearly working. So the game functionality is fine.

I also forwarded port 16000 in my router. Although as far as I know, this is supposed to be unnecessary. My family's setup actually has two routers chained together, and the "intermediary" one isn't in bridge mode, so I set up Port Forwarding on both of them. Problem still occurs.

"Game Diagnostics" and "Network Diagnostics" both indicate all-clear.

Here's my [You must login to view link], in case there's any relevant info there.

I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit. UAC (User Account Control) is turned on, and I got (and accepted) a prompt to allow the game through the firewall when I first launched.

I'm on a strong computer, on fast, stable internet.

Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 August 2018 - 2:05 pm
hi
which of the routers are you playing through, the main one attached to the phone or cable line or the intermediary?
are they in the same ip subnet? [192.168.1.0] is dhcp turned off on the "intermediary"? from one router to the other, is it a hardwire?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts