Game Version changes to cd 1.0c instead 1.5

_sevem

Posted 16 August 2018 - 2:13 pm
Hi

When I launch a game as the host / join a game of some one else Hosting and the game has started, it says "cd 1.0c" for me and "cd 1.3b" for the other guy. What it did say till yesterday was "1.5"...

This did not happen till today, possibly there was a Windows update yesterday, I did not change a Thing besides that…

What to do?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kinghamsta

Posted 16 August 2018 - 5:54 pm
today i have some problems too. i cant play and voobly says that i am running another system like the other player. yesterday everything worked fine (WK)... what happend over night?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kinghamsta

Posted 16 August 2018 - 6:36 pm
i tried to reinstall patch

"Error installing package (Error: Clean Directory Failed)" is coming now and i dont have the actual pach anymore...
Link | Reply | Quote
 herdamit

Edited 16 August 2018 - 8:01 pm by herdamit
I have same problem since today. Cant play anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [EFF]ThePimmeltropf

Posted 16 August 2018 - 9:53 pm
any fix for this? had same problem
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 16 August 2018 - 11:08 pm by hassan
Try this :
-Enable UAC: [You must login to view link]
-Restart your computer.
-Then reinstall the patch 1.5 R7.

Give us your feedback.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sevem

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:20 pm
Hi again

I did completely de- and reinstall all aoc related software, including userpatch using both install modes like 1) updating age2_x1.exe and creating a new file age2_x1.5.exe.

Nothing changed. If I host a game, I set patch "v1.5 beta r7" and mod "wololokingdoms" and the voobly lobby game Details say "v1.5 beta r7" and "wololokingdoms" accordingly.

If I launch the game however, it says "cd v1.0c"...

this may be an issue that concerns a number of people cause it may be related to the latest major Windows update.

well anyway - @hassan: if i can upload some logs, screenshots or whatever, please feel free to tell me (I'm no pc nerd, but I can try…)
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:22 pm
_sevem wrote:
Hi again

I did completely de- and reinstall all aoc related software, including userpatch using both install modes like 1) updating age2_x1.exe and creating a new file age2_x1.5.exe.

Nothing changed. If I host a game, I set patch "v1.5 beta r7" and mod "wololokingdoms" and the voobly lobby game Details say "v1.5 beta r7" and "wololokingdoms" accordingly.

If I launch the game however, it says "cd v1.0c"...

this may be an issue that concerns a number of people cause it may be related to the latest major Windows update.

well anyway - @hassan: if i can upload some logs, screenshots or whatever, please feel free to tell me (I'm no pc nerd, but I can try…)

Please try and follow the steps I wrote above. Then give me your feedback after that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sevem

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:41 pm
@hassan:

I did follow the steps you mentioned (included in what i wrote before) - didnt help...

It appears, that voobly launces the wrong exe file, but no clue why...

Any ogher ideas?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:04 pm
_sevem wrote:
@hassan:

I did follow the steps you mentioned (included in what i wrote before) - didnt help...

It appears, that voobly launces the wrong exe file, but no clue why...

Any ogher ideas?

The "wrong .exe" ? Can you develop more ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:07 pm
Also, after enabling the UAC, restart your computer and reinstall the patch.

Make sure you follow that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RBTV]Chas106

Edited 16 August 2018 - 11:21 pm by [RBTV]Chas106
hassan wrote:
The "wrong .exe" ? Can you develop more ?
Voobly seems to load an old version of age even when i want to watch games ... I get the start menu of age conq and the stream never starts. I have already did those actions like you told me, nothing changed
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:26 pm
Voobly seems to load an old version of age even when i want to watch games ... I get the start menu of age conq and the stream never starts. I have already did those actions like you told me, nothing changed

Please create a separate thread so we can help one at a time, thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RBTV]Chas106

Edited 16 August 2018 - 11:41 pm by [RBTV]Chas106
hassan wrote:
Please create a separate thread so we can help one at a time, thanks.
well i got the same 1.0c version problem him and cant join any matches . i had also a windows update, just wanted to elaborate this more like you wished. But´t no problem i can create a own thread .
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 17 August 2018 - 7:04 am
Please follow this guide:
[You must login to view link]

or if have aoehd:
[You must login to view link]

Also, asking from curiosity. Do you have a legit copy of the game or a pirated one? Because if it's a "free download" then we found your problem. Windows update can be nasty sometimes for those.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 24 posts