Losing connection to Voobly

RoletaRussa

Posted 17 August 2018 - 1:41 am
Hello,
Every time I try to play a game I lose connection to Voobly.

This message appears on Voobly:
Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website.
"Reconnect now" / "Cancel"

I have port fowarded on my modem, but when I run the Network Diagnostics this message appears:
"Test Result: Not Forwarded
Network Health: Warnings found but probably OK
Recommended Action: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play."

But the thing is, I'm not losing connection to the other players, I'm losing connection to the Voobly itself.
Don't know what to do. Sometimes I can play a match till the end, sometimes I play for like 10-15 minutes and then got dc.
What should I do?

Yes, I tried to reinstall Voobly and AoE2. I was using AoE2HD version, but now I'm using the AoC with the userpatch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RoletaRussa

Posted 17 August 2018 - 4:05 am
This is the error message I'm getting
Attachments:
Sem ttulo.png (file size: 9.18 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 17 August 2018 - 12:35 pm by kitt
hi
what is your modem make/model number and does your home lan have just the one box?
do this and show a screen shot: open a cmd window. type " tracert 8.8.8.8" enter. [without the parentheses]
does your pc firewall and any anti virus allow voobly/game through?
Link | Reply | Quote
 RoletaRussa

Edited 17 August 2018 - 9:27 pm by RoletaRussa
My modem is a HGB10R-02, from the brand "HUMAX". And is just one box. (It is not a modem and a router, just a modem that work as both). My connection is via an Ethernet cable.
And yes, my firewall allows Voobly. I even have created a new rule to allow the UDP port 16000.

In the image:
"Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido" mean Request Timed Out.
Attachments:
Sem ttulo.png (file size: 31.11 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 18 August 2018 - 1:19 am by kitt
hi
thanks
i would think you are on a shared ip with several others of your ISP customers. talk to the ISP, tell them you need a proper ip for some security cameras you are installing, if they ask.
this is the manual,p16, nat..virtual server. check your forwading is ok.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RoletaRussa

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:33 am
kitt wrote:
hi
thanks
i would think you are on a shared ip with several others of your ISP customers. talk to the ISP, tell them you need a proper ip for some security cameras you are installing, if they ask.
this is the manual,p16, nat..virtual server. check your forwading is ok.

What? I didn't undestand the last part. "this is the manual,p16, nat..virtual server. check your forwading is ok."
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 19 August 2018 - 1:01 am
hi
it was all could i could find on virtual server/port forwarding for your router. page 16. its worth checking you have done it correctly but to stop FP and drops you need a dedicated wan ip. which means talking to your net provider.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts