Voobly disappearing at start of game

RawrTiger

Posted 23 August 2018 - 5:17 pm
Hello,

I have a problem where when I start a game Voobly disappears from my computer. The shortcut is on my desktop but it doesn't have a path to anywhere. Where I installed Voobly in C:\Program Files (x86) the folder is missing. Can't find it anywhere else.

Haven't found anything related on the forums. Could anyone help me?

Thanks

p.s. I installed Voobly and patched according to the instructions on this website

p.s.s. age of titans.

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 24 August 2018 - 1:20 am by kitt
hi
not sure on that game but in a lobby, top of screen, options. do the game diagnostic and show here.
are you saying that when you try to get in to that lobby, there is no log in screen?
Link | Reply | Quote
 RawrTiger

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:39 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have done the diagnostics for both the game and the network and both report no problems.

I do get into the program. I log in and it works fine. I can even go into the game lobby and join a match. But as soon as the host goes into his game and voobly starts my game thats where it goes wrong. There voobly dissapears.

What I have noticed when reinstalling voobly is that if i install it in the same spot then the installation gets stuck at 70% and tells me to abort or skip the file. I think this is a separate issue though.

Thanks.

p.s. If you don't understand i'll make a video showing exactly what happens.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 August 2018 - 1:34 pm
hi
so you get a blank screen or a error message after the host launches? or you get booted from the room or from the voobly lobby?
show the diagnostic please.
when in a game room and the host starts the launch do you doing anything?
Link | Reply | Quote
 RawrTiger

Posted 24 August 2018 - 2:00 pm
Nope there is no error message. Everything just closes. So there is no more lobby or game room. I just see my desktop. And then when I try to open voobly again its gone.

I don't do anything when the host launches. 0 clicks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RawrTiger

Posted 24 August 2018 - 2:20 pm
[You must login to view link]

I made a video so you understand exactly. I figured out the folder still exists but just the application is gone. The different voobly folders are different attempts at solving it. Just reinstalled it multiple times.

Launching game and joining another does exactly the same thing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 24 August 2018 - 11:30 pm by kitt
hi
ok
thanks
its very quick but just after you launch, windows defender comes up saying it has blocked some ports. allow voobly/game in WIN DEF and then see.

edit
the reason you are asked to actually show the dignostic is to make sure the game/voobly are in the correct directory.
that video shows voobly in D not C and assuming you have a 64 bit op/system not in programs[86] were the game/voobly probably should be.
Quote:
1) The game installed similar to this for XP/ Vista/ Win7/Win10.32 bit:
C:Program files/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/

The game installed similar to this for Vista/ W7/ W8/ Win10. 64 bit.
C:Program files[86]/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/
install the game as admin, in compatibility mode for xpsp3.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RawrTiger

Posted 25 August 2018 - 2:49 pm
Hi,

Thank you very much. Got it to work.

:D
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 26 August 2018 - 1:04 pm
hi
great

Link | Reply | Quote