Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Poll: Winner
Khabib
Conor
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 24 September 2018 - 8:37 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
Icey wrote:
If you think Khabib's record compared to Conor's or Tony Ferguson's is good. You are out of your ****ing mind.
They have NOT fought the same caliber of opponents.
I agree on the whole conor has fought higher caliber opponents but theres not a massive difference, but he's also lost to lower caliber opponents (like nate diaz, who before fighting conor was not even a top 5 fighter).. Khabib has fought slightly lower caliber opponents but has had a far easier time with beating them than conor.

Also, RDA, barboza and al Iaquinta are hardly low caliber Al laquinta is underrated because he doesn't fight often, but i'd suggest you check who he's beaten (kevin lee, masvidal, ross pearson, lauzon).. At 155, khabibs resume is clearly much better than just beating alvarez.

Ultimately it's a fight and anything can happen, but khabib is the favorite, hence why he opened as bookmakers favourite. It's all opinion, so i'm not sure why you're acting like such a grade A **** simply because people have a different opinion to you... but then you always were a total and utter mong.
Link | Reply | Quote
 underOATH_

Edited 24 September 2018 - 9:22 pm by underOATH_
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 25 September 2018 - 1:03 am
underOATH_ wrote:
Irish were slaves for thousands of years living off potatoes.
The potatoe came from america.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Edited 25 September 2018 - 1:58 am by calexus5678
Khabib will molest him.

Remember I was betting against Conor, not anymore, I believe it will be another easy victory for him

Khabib record isn't that great and he often looks bad in fights.... Not to say this is why he will lose. But look how Conor dominated Eddie Alvarez.. The straight left it's just... too powerful...

Had to rethink a lot after that Diaz 2 fight.. Conor striking is light years ahead of him and his game is antigrappling... Khabib's striking is generally ****e

Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 25 September 2018 - 2:02 am
Ultimately it's a fight and anything can happen, but khabib is the favorite, hence why he opened as bookmakers favourite.

Btw I believe this is the bookmakers cashing in on Khabib fans.. very smart move.. at some point it will change to Conor being favorite and then they will cash in on the Conor fans too
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 25 September 2018 - 7:00 am
Connor couldn't knock out Eddie easy.. how he will knock out Khabib ? Connor had to hit like 10 times straight in Eddie face until Edddie was done. Khabib won't let this to happen.. he will get Connor down at some point.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 25 September 2018 - 11:09 am by [Eot_]Marvel__
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 25 September 2018 - 11:17 am by [Eot_]Marvel__
Btw I believe this is the bookmakers cashing in on Khabib fans.. very smart move.. at some point it will change to Conor being favourite and then they will cash in on the Conor fans too
Nah, it's actually the other way round.. if you watch odds get closer as we get closer to the fight due to conors popularity, khabib is the opening favourite because he's unbeaten, far more active, has more ways to win, and has dominated everyone.. it's not difficult to work out. Doesn't mean conor can't win, but there's decent reasons khabib is the opening favourite and it's nothing to do with cashing in on his fanbase. The odds will get closer as conor fans lay on bets (this is how bookies work) but Khabib will remain the favourite the whole time... same thing happened with mayweather.

In which fight has khabib looked bad? He's never lost a round in his career, so not sure how he's 'looked bad' in fights... people just have huge expectations of khabib... if he doesn't absolutely maul you then people say he looks bad... look at the Al Iaquinta fight, so many people saying that was hard... it was 50-43.. whos the last guy who beat al Iaquinta 50-43, or won any kind of title fight 50-43? lol

I can see why people think conor would win, but i just don't see it. I feel like the only way conor can win is to put khabib to sleep in one punch.. i just can't see that happening before khabib gets hold of him, even when khabib has been hit he's carried on moving forward like the terminator. Who's the last guy Conor KO'd clean in one hit? Aldo at 145? Conors a phenomenal striker, but you need to hit khabib out clean otherwise it's going to be a long night.

I guess we'll see what happens October 6th, but i think it's gonna be one sided in Khabib's favor
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:33 am
Remember I was betting against Conor, not anymore, I believe it will be another easy victory for him

Khabib record isn't that great and he often looks bad in fights.... Not to say this is why he will lose. But look how Conor dominated Eddie Alvarez.. The straight left it's just... too powerful...

Had to rethink a lot after that Diaz 2 fight.. Conor striking is light years ahead of him and his game is antigrappling... Khabib's striking is generally ****e

I litterally just remembered our sig bet there mate :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:00 pm
Connor couldn't knock out Eddie easy.. how he will knock out Khabib ? Connor had to hit like 10 times straight in Eddie face until Edddie was done. Khabib won't let this to happen.. he will get Connor down at some point.

I would argue that McGregor's backhand punches aren't typical KO punches, they are always aimed at the upper part of the head (temple, eyes) and transfer their entire force like a shock wave into the head. This is different from the lever effect created on someone's brain when the chin is clipped (usually by a hook, but sometime a straight..)

Also Eddie was completely dominated, he had no effective offense in that fight. And those knockdowns looked brutal ;bored
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:15 pm
In which fight has khabib looked bad? He's never lost a round in his career, so not sure how he's 'looked bad' in fights... people just have huge expectations of khabib... if he doesn't absolutely maul you then people say he looks bad... look at the Al Iaquinta fight, so many people saying that was hard... it was 50-43.. whos the last guy who beat al Iaquinta 50-43, or won any kind of title fight 50-43? lol

His striking isn't great... he has some interesting shots.. he can land them cos of his omnipresent grappling threat (seriously Khabib never switches to striking mode in terms of his mentality).. If he can take Conor down and keep him down then he has won... but given how Conor's game is all build around fcking grapplers(his lordotic posture making it very hard to get ahold of his midsection)... but yeah we'll see.. won't be betting this time though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Edited 25 September 2018 - 12:21 pm by calexus5678
I litterally just remembered our sig bet there mate :P

Yeah man, had to take a look at my critical thinking after that fight 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 25 September 2018 - 12:38 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
His striking isn't great... he has some interesting shots.. he can land them cos of his omnipresent grappling threat (seriously Khabib never switches to striking mode in terms of his mentality).. If he can take Conor down and keep him down then he has won... but given how Conor's game is all build around fcking grapplers(his lordotic posture making it very hard to get ahold of his midsection)... but yeah we'll see.. won't be betting this time though.
I don't think it's a secret that his striking isn't great... but it has one purpose; to close distance so he can grapple, and to that end it works fine. It worked fine vs a striking beast like Barboza/RDA, i don't see conor presenting huge problems.

Also not sure why the diaz fight made you question everything, it's not like diaz was dominated, it was a very close fight, and nate ended in a winning position. Not anywhere near as impressive as conors loss to Diaz, and i think khabib would maul Diaz badly.

I like conors fighting style, but his ego has gotten too large, and he is getting massively overrated. I probably won't post here again until October 7th though as these back and fourths are futile. I think one thing we can agree on is that whoever wins the fight, they are definitely worthy of the 155 belt.. this is the best matchup possible at 155 except from maybe ferguson vs khabib/conor. I'm sure ferguson will be ready to go to war with whoever wins, which is also another intriguing fight either way.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 25 September 2018 - 1:55 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
I agree with alot that as been said from both sides and yeah ferguson against whoever is also mouth watering. Though hopefully its not against khabib not just because I want connor to win and the winner undoubtably fights ferguson but because ive been let down so many times when they've tried to make a fight between khabib and ferguson
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Edited 25 September 2018 - 2:22 pm by calexus5678
Also not sure why the diaz fight made you question everything, it's not like diaz was dominated, it was a very close fight, and nate ended in a winning position. Not anywhere near as impressive as conors loss to Diaz, and i think khabib would maul Diaz badly.

You're right, it was close, though I still respect Diaz and think he is a very good fighter and also a stylistic problem for Conor compared to most. One of the reasons being his boxing savvy, the other being his height - which means Conor couldn't play his straight shot game, but he adjusted wonderfully using new tactics and new round shots for the second fight, and honestly I thought he won even though I bet a lot on it.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3456789101112
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 176 posts