Port Forwarding Issue

BigMac97

Edited 28 September 2018 - 11:05 pm by BigMac97
hi
so my problem is that whatever i try i cannot get port 16000 UDP forwarded to my pc
I added the rule to my router but it doesnt change anything
voobly network tool still shows me that the port is not forwarded
tried disabling router firewall and windows firewall -> no effects

so what im thinking about is that i will likely have to call my isp to solve the issue but i read that u need a public ipv4 address or bridge mode with another router/modem to fixt the issue and since i dont have either one its gonna cost me money which i wanna avoid

edit: i tried PnP too but i think there was an error when trying to recognize my router

going to stay up for a couple of hours so expect fast replys
Attachments:
ss 2018-09-28 at 10.24.35.png (file size: 58.65 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 29 September 2018 - 4:12 am by kitt
hi
reset the router firewall to default and turn off upnp. apply/save. try turning off ipv6 on the router. apply/save
use ipv4 in the forwarding. apply/save
follow here but just port 16000udp: [You must login to view link]
do you have a cable modem/router CBN CH7466CE? is there any other router between that and your pc?
Quote:
public ipv4 address or bridge mode with another router/modem
dont quite understand this. bridge would only apply if you had two routers and unless you have a carrier grade connection, you should have a individual public ip. if not your isp can open ports to your pc at no cost.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BigMac97

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:18 am
kitt wrote:
hi
reset the router firewall to default and turn off upnp. apply/save. try turning off ipv6 on the router. apply/save
use ipv4 in the forwarding. apply/save
follow here but just port 16000udp: [You must login to view link]
do you have a cable modem/router CBN CH7466CE? is there any other router between that and your pc?

hi
so i turned off pnp immediately after it wouldnt work in my router and voobly secondly i reset my routers firewall. there is no option for turning ipv6 off and i cannot use ipv4 to forward a port as seen in the picture i posted.

no theres no router between the cbn and my pc. my isp said they are low on individual ipv4 addresses i have dsl lite so sharing with many people i think.(dunno too much about this stuff). so would you recommend me telling my isp to forward port 16000 UDP to my computer or do you some more stuff to try? why doesnt it work with the mac address?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 September 2018 - 1:20 pm
hi
check for a firmware update to that modem. you can also talk to the isp about your problem.
did you follow the "how to" link i sent you starting at the lan page? you can also see what others have done on google.
see what this brings up:
from a command window with admin privileges, type ipconfig /all enter.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BigMac97

Posted 29 September 2018 - 3:35 pm
there is no newer firmware update i have access to and thus i could not follow the how to instructions completly. i attached a picture of ipconfig /all
Attachments:
ss 2018-09-29 at 03.25.29.png (file size: 41.93 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 29 September 2018 - 4:59 pm by kitt
hi
ok
as you can see from that you do have ipv4 addresses. modem is 192.168.0.1 and the pc is 192.168.0.10
open the management page and all the rest of the pages and see whats there.
turn on the dhcp server and see if you can set 192.168.0.10 as a reserved ip on the modem. apply/save
you may be able to force it to use the above by putting settings in to the lan card but it should work ipv4 or ipv6.
you really need help from the isp as to setting things up, have you talked to them yet?
Link | Reply | Quote
 BigMac97

Edited 29 September 2018 - 5:26 pm by BigMac97
hi
kitt wrote:
hi

open the management page and all the rest of the pages and see whats there.
turn on the dhcp server and see if you can set 192.168.0.10 as a reserved ip on the modem. apply/save
like in the picture?

Quote:
you really need help from the isp as to setting things up, have you talked to them yet?
no i havent what exactly do i need to tell them?

Quote:
you may be able to force it to use the above by putting settings in to the lan card but it should work ipv4 or ipv6.
how would that work?

Attachments:
ss 2018-09-29 at 05.18.48.png (file size: 51.4 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 October 2018 - 2:47 pm
hi
it seems you do have ipv4 settings on the router looking at your screen shot. it should work with either.
can you see a way to turn off ipv6?
Set Up A Fixed Private Ip.

How To Set A Fixed Ip

talking to the isp you need to ask them to open port 16000udp to your pc. what has worked for some on a shared ip is to tell them you need a fixed/static wan ip because your fitting security cameras.
you can also get their help on setting up the router properly
Link | Reply | Quote
 BigMac97

Edited 5 October 2018 - 4:36 pm by BigMac97
hi

my isp asks if voobly works with ipv6.

is voobly using fast proxy exclusively when port is not forwarded?

i have local ipv4 ofc but the settings on my router isnt there only with mac address.
cant turn off ivp6 anywhere
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 October 2018 - 1:51 am
hi
you can use the ipv4 mac address. yes voobly should work with ipv6.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts