Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Cannot join game as late spectator after buying new computer

Cannot join game as late spectator after buying new computer

[Straya]BARl

Posted 8 October 2018 - 2:11 pm
I have recently just bought a new computer, and have finished setting up voobly etc with all the expansions. I can launch and play the game fine, but when I try to watch a live game, it crashes.

When i join a game after it has already started, it downloads the file as a late spectator, the popup comes up with the resume lobby button on it, and the game launches. The game only goes to the point where it says launching stream, and then closes automatically. Sometimes it doesnt close, and just becomes unresponsive.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 8 October 2018 - 2:53 pm
hi BARl,

Are you sure you have the patch and mod what the players have in the match you want to play?

If yes, then perhaps screen settings can be not fully same when you spectating, compared to when you start the game. (suggested settings)

Are you able to start it fine in singleplayer mode?

Can you watch recorded games if loaded from singleplayer mode?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Straya]BARl

Posted 9 October 2018 - 4:42 am
Thanks for the response,

Yep all patches and mods work, and I am able to launch games from single player and load recs on my own (not late spectate).

My settings are as per your suggestions, issue persisting

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:29 pm
hi
check your pc firewall settings to see if you are rejecting the spectator connection. make sure voobly/game is allowed through the pc f/wall and anti-virus. as its a new pc, check any pre-installed software does not have a firewall.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts