Can someone tell me how to fix this?

MrSpencer5

Posted 2 November 2018 - 5:41 am
Did that, still had same error message :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 November 2018 - 6:40 pm
Try running the game in compatibility mode.
Right click on the exe --> Properties --> Compatibility tab

There is a check box for running the game with compatibility settings, select win xp sp3

P.S: Are you sure you started the game in 800x 600 resolution from within Voobly? You need to start and play the game for a few seconds in that resolution then exit and launch the game offline.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrSpencer5

Posted 4 November 2018 - 5:40 am
When i go to compatability in properties, its greyed out so I cant change it and its on Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Im pretty sure it was 800x600, i opened to the single player menu in voobly, went to options, set it to 800x600, started a single player game, then quit, closed all of voobly, tried from desktop and didnt work, went back on voobly and back to single player menu, then options, and it was still at 800x600. Ive set it back to 1300 now since that didnt work
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrSpencer5

Posted 10 November 2018 - 6:16 am
Anyone there?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 November 2018 - 1:56 pm
Apologies for the delayed response.

Does the game work fine with the other offline patches? Try using 1.4rc or 1.0c instead

Are you sure the offline shortcut you are trying to run is pointing to the same game installation you are using on Voobly?

Right click on the shortcut, click General and check the target path. Make sure its the same folder as you see when you go to any Voobly lobby ==> Help menu ==> Open Game directory

If it is, and its still not working, then reinstall the offline patch from the following URL:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrSpencer5

Posted 25 November 2018 - 7:04 am
The other patches dont work, get the same message. In properties there is no target path. Only Target and Target location. Target location is age2_x1. Target is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe" When i open game directory in voobly, it takes me to Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires II. In there I can only change the target location and not the target. I tried to change the target location by removing age2_x1/age2_x1.exe and now the shortcut takes me to the same place the game directory does, from there I go in age2_x1 folder, then into the age2_x1 application, i choose the patch and I get the same message. I tried reinstalling and that didnt work either
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:17 am
What is your desktops native resolution? Are you using any custom resolution?

When you right click the exe and go to properties, what options do you have checked in the compatibility tab?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrSpencer5

Edited 3 December 2018 - 6:47 am by MrSpencer5
The resolution is at 1366 x 768 and it says that is recomended. In compatability, I have run the program in compatability mode for windows XP (service pack 2), 8 bit (256) color (but reduced color mode is unchecked), and run this program as an administrator checked. Everything else is unchecked and run program in compatability mode is greyed out so I cant change it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 December 2018 - 6:30 pm
Start the game in single player mode with the 1.5RC patch enabled. Click on options on the main screen. Make sure you have the exact same resolution (1366x768) set out there.

If you are using the same exe offline there is no reason why it would not work offline (assuming it does in single player mode within Voobly)
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrSpencer5

Posted 7 December 2018 - 6:41 am
I started in single player mode with 1.5 and the resolution is set right, but still cant get to it from the desktop so I dont know :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 December 2018 - 11:27 am
You are definitely not doing something right. Go through all of the suggestions in this thread again and if you are still bothered about it, start off fresh with a clean install.

http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1019+Clean+installation+of+Age+of+Empires+II+with+the+latest+patches

I would suggest you leave it the way it is since its working for you on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrSpencer5

Posted 7 December 2018 - 12:35 pm
Ok thank you

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 42 out of 42 posts