Show units damage

Babaorum

Posted 17 November 2018 - 3:26 pm
Hello,

I'm trying to developp a mod that would show damage graphics for units. In other words, I would like a unit (for instance, an archer) to have different graphics depending on his damage level, just like a builiding (for instance, an outpost) has flames around it when its health decreases.

To do this, I installed Advanced Genie Editor (AGE) and Turtle Pack. I managed to copy/paste the damage graphics from the outpost to my archer. This first step worked very well, my archer had flames around him when his health decreased, just like an outpost.

I then tried to replace the flames graphics by another self-made graphic (a circle filled with different color depending on the health level). I managed to create a new SLP with my own graphic and to import it, with TurtlePack. When I assign this new graphic to the archer in AGE, everything seems fine in AGE (the new graphic appears correctly in the SLP window): however, the graphics change does not seem to reflect in the game itself, which seems stuck to the initial graphics (the outposts flames). In other words, the damage graphics shown in the SLP window in AGE do not match with the damage graphics in the game, which is quite annoying.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix it ?

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 17 November 2018 - 9:17 pm
hi bunte_kuh,

Can you please print screen your AGE3 process or upload the .dat? I have some kind of idea what the issue is, but want to see it myself first.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Babaorum

Edited 18 November 2018 - 9:00 pm by Babaorum
Hello,

Thank you for the quick answer. Actually I found what the problem was: the box "Including graphics to selected civilizations" was not checked. With this box checked, everything works fine.

I will now try to fine-tune the mod and to upload it on Voobly.

I have however another question.

Since my goal is only to change the graphics of the units, I hope my mod could be classified as a local mod. However, I need to edit the "empires2_x1_p1.dat" file to reflect the "Add graphics damage": does that mean that my mod will be regarded as a data mod? Is there a way to include graphics damages without editing the .dat file?

Thanks in advance.

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 18 November 2018 - 6:50 pm
Would be cool to see a preview of this, that being said this only works as a Mod/Patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:41 pm
Glad you found the problem and yeah, easy to forget objects can have different numbers and graphics for each civ and have to make sure you not just do for gaia.

As howvicking said, yes only possible as data mod, even if the change is just visual, but the displaying behind it need data edit.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 19 November 2018 - 1:35 pm
A+ Idea
Please continue
Link | Reply | Quote
 DeepVoice

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:59 pm
would be nice if it works :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts