Re-installation voobly error on voobly.exe

liokale

Posted 25 November 2018 - 5:54 pm
Hello,

After having an issue with running voobly with anti cheat on (my antivirus bitdefender put the anti cheat dll aloongside some other in quarantine after dowloading a mod then i restore the file but i couldn't run voobly with anti cheat on from there), i decided to reinstall voobly.

I followed the procedure to unistall that i saw (as far as renaming the old file voobly_old ).

Then when i install again i have error trying to rename a file in the directory C:\ program files (x86)\voobly\voobly.exe
movefile failed code 5 refused acess. and so the installation don't complete even if i skip the file.

i tried desactivate my antivirus and firewall bitdefender but it don't change things. It's my own computer so i should have all the access ? i dont know what to do
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 November 2018 - 6:55 pm
Enable the Windows User Account Control (UAC), that should fix the problem:
[You must login to view link]

Then perform a clean installation of Voobly:
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1053+Clean+installation+of+Voobly+client
Link | Reply | Quote
 liokale

Posted 25 November 2018 - 7:08 pm
Ty ,
but i have window 10 and in my control for user panel i only have a cursor which is set up just to warn me if their are changes and if i put no warning i have the same issue with the installation.

I am thinking of deleting the voobly_old folder even if no voobly.exe in it. could it be good ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 November 2018 - 9:15 pm
Try downloading Malwarebytes and perform a full system scan. Perhaps there is something on your system, that is not being detected by BitDefender.
Link | Reply | Quote
 liokale

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:39 pm
I did a full system scan and malawarebytes found nothing (it was fast cause computer is pretty new ). I did try after to delete the old voobly file, to delete the wolokingdom mod and the converter to see if it change and nothing changed. I i suppressed the old rules on bitdefender to allow permission to voobly and desactivate it a the same time and didn't change anything. :/

when i complete installation (by skipping issue) and then can't run voobly cause voolby.exe missing it allow me to check voobly file created and i see i am owner of the file as administrator. and i always launch installation (voobly v2.2.5.60 update full.exe) as administrator.
Link | Reply | Quote
 liokale

Edited 26 November 2018 - 11:23 am by liokale
As more information that i could tell is computer is pretty new and so i used the same installation launcher that i used a week ago to install it and it worked perfectly at the time. As said in first post my desire for reinstall was that voobly started not working properly after i restaured some dll that bitdefender put in quarantine when i wanted to install wololokingdom mod.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Edit:

This morning it worked. Despite running ccleaner and empty the Basket i didn't turn off and on my computer yesterday, my mistake i didn't see what it could change but it changed something.

Ty for your help on a sunday and have a good week.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 26 November 2018 - 6:51 pm
Hi.

First, perform a clean installation of Voobly as mentionned here :
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1053+Clean+installation+of+Voobly+client

Do not launch Voobly please

Then try to add Voobly folder into your exclusions list. To do that, please follow those steps :
    Open the Bitdefender window.

Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

In the Settings Overview window, select Antivirus.

In the Antivirus Settings window, select the Exclusions tab.

Make sure Exclusions for files is turned on by clicking the switch.

Click the Excluded files and folders link.

Click the Add button, located at the top of the exclusions table.

Click Browse. Put this folder (without picking .exe): C:\program files (x86)\voobly\

Click Add and then click OK to save the changes and close the window.

Hope it will work for you.

After that, if it's solved, we can check about WololoKingdoms' issue.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts