Lag despite of port forwarding

[ai_]Silver_Blaze

Posted 6 December 2018 - 3:19 pm
I don't get lag warning, pings are less that 250 ms. However, I have quite a bit of lag and it is experienced by everyone I play with, sometimes 1-2 second lag is felt. My ports are correctly forwarded. Download/upload speeds are ~40 mbps. No lag in single player game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 December 2018 - 4:16 pm
hi
using this free app, see if port 16000udp is open: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Posted 7 December 2018 - 2:05 am
Thanks, I checked with the app. The port is OPEN. Any thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 December 2018 - 2:30 am
hi
what else is running in the back ground using resources? think about trying a "clean boot" for your operating system.
are you using wi-fi? if so try a hard wire connection.
if you have a software firewall/anti-virus, see if it has a "game mode" which pauses it for a time.
go here and del the temp saves: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 7 December 2018 - 1:25 pm
kitt wrote:
[...]
go here and del the temp saves: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi

what is it supposed to do?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Isey

Posted 7 December 2018 - 1:35 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
using this free app, see if port 16000udp is open: [You must login to view link]

i used the app to check my 16000udp port, and it says its nor forwared. But, i run the voobly' net diagnostics, and the test says "all pass".

who is the liar here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 December 2018 - 2:33 pm
Nashmou
open your own post on the forum.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Posted 7 December 2018 - 11:13 pm
I don't many processes running in background. I am using wifi- if that's the problem I can't get hard wire right now. I checked firewall it allows aoe2 and voobly. I have windows defender. I don't think there is any settings for that. What do you think I shall do after clean boot?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 December 2018 - 11:51 pm
hi Silver_Blaze
well it looks as if you have a static wan ip so you should be alright. recheck your port forwarding is correct. check the private ip of your pc you forwarded is still the same. remove those temp saves.
whats your modem/router make/model number?
any anti-virus?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Posted 8 December 2018 - 2:12 am
I checked my port forwarding, it is correct, same IP. I deleted the temp files. My router is verizon FIOS Quantom Gateway. I just have windows defender. No additional antivirus. I do have Malwareyites anti-malware though. Let me check disabling it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 December 2018 - 11:54 am
hi
is this your router?: [You must login to view link]
is there just one or two boxes on that set up?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Posted 8 December 2018 - 7:59 pm
No. My router is Verizon FIOS Quantum Gateway- here is the picture- [You must login to view link]
I logged into the router and add my computer's name and IP to add a rule to forward the port.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 December 2018 - 11:37 pm
hi
ok
this router has two sections for forwarding i think. one for single ports and one for port ranges. check your in the right place.
turn off upnp and try turning off ipv6. apply/save.
see if the anti-malware has a game mode.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Posted 9 December 2018 - 5:52 am
Hi,
I am correctly forwarding UDP 16000 for my computer. Disabling UPnP did not help ivp6 is off. There is no game mode for the for the antimalware.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 December 2018 - 1:25 pm
hi
ok
you seem to have covered the bases. a hard wire connection may/not help. you can also either stop the anti-malware loading or uninstall it as a test and see if that helps.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 31 posts