Villager Building Bug

Sortoff

Posted 24 December 2018 - 1:30 pm
Hi,

I am playing on voobly over 6 months. I am quite happy with voobly and its system.

About 1 month ago I noticed a bug about villagers who are occasionally unable to proceed with building orders.

After I order villagers to build an economic or military building, I witness them go to the construction area and step on the middle of construction zone before building starts.

This prevents them to proceed with building. They stop idle in the middle of construction zone. When selecting them again and clicking on construction zone, they step aside and start building.

This happens occasionally, and randomly. I estimate it happens in 10% of my building orders in TG's. I notice this happens more on TG's but it also happens in 1v1's.

I suspect this happened after I installed a patch called " longer lasting resources " but I am not sure.

Kindly asking for help.

Best Regards
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 December 2018 - 2:59 pm
hi
uninstall the mod then see to be sure its that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 24 December 2018 - 3:05 pm
I did uninstall the mod and it still happened.

Then I did uninstall voobly client and deleted aoe2 folder under microsoft games.

Then I did hd conversion, downloaded voobly client and it still happened.

Have you ever heard this problem from other players ?

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 December 2018 - 5:03 pm
hi
not off hand but others may be more familiar with it than me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 25 December 2018 - 9:30 am
Hi there.

Did you check if your villager wasn't attacked by someone? Also, do you use hotkeys on your villagers to build quickly ? There may be some actions you're used to that trigger that (Maybe a missclick ?)

Do you have any recorded game/match link where it happened ?

Also in case of, are you using the patch 1.5 ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 25 December 2018 - 9:56 am
Hi,

I checked and see that it happens when no one is attacked and no other unit passing over construction zone.

I also checked it is not misclick. I order villagers build a building in a far location and then turn my attention away. When I check back, I see villlagers went to the correct building location, and they stand idle on the very centre of construction zone.

You can check below game, which has many examples of this issue. You can check castle age time, between 25min - 45min to see some examples quickly. I was spanish.

https://www.voobly.com/match/view/18983020

Many Thanks,
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 27 December 2018 - 8:20 pm
Hi there,

Any chance you can take a look at this problem ?

https://www.voobly.com/match/view/18983020

Thank you

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 January 2019 - 7:40 pm
Hi.

How you did the HD to AoC conversion ?

Also, does it happen only when you play with WololoKingdoms ? Can you test without the mod ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 29 January 2019 - 8:19 am
Dear Hassan,

Yes it happens in all my games. I tested without WK as well.

I converted HD via HD-TC tools and played many months. Last week I reinstalled the game and converted via AOC Tools latest version.

I have some observations :

1. Btw, I suspect this issue does only happen in multiplayer. I suspect it does not happen against computer.
When I played against computer I tried deliberately to do some misclicks to see if this bug will happen but it doesn't happen. Vils proceed building correctly.

2. I suspect this bug occured late November. I am sure I played many months without this bug.

3. In AOC tools, it gives a warning that voobly mod counts is more than 8 but I don't have that many mods. I cannot check details or why this error occured. Maybe it is related with the bug ?

Thanks,

Osman
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 29 January 2019 - 6:55 pm
Hi.

Please do a clean installtion of Age of Empires II HD. Follow this link :
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Make sure you follow all steps.

After you did, let me know so I can help you to correctly install WololoKingdoms.

Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:53 am
Your game installation is fine and you don't need to install or reinstall anything. Either You have a problem with your mouse 'Random Double Click' or in some cases, a 'Left Click triggers Right click' <-- These clicks could happen in between 20ms (0.02 second) to 300 (0.3 seconds) ms so sometimes it could be hard for you or human being to see it happening.

My suggestion to you is to use a different mouse and if you are using an external mouse with a usb cable, don't forget to 'disable your laptop pad only when an external mouse is plugged in' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrxtpPJLus

The other hypothesis is that your connection might experience packet loss frequently and from time to time, therefore, your villagers would just keep walking to that point where you have laid down the building without actually building it. If the above doesn't help try a different internet connection.

Keep this post updated if you need further suggestions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 30 January 2019 - 8:17 am
Hi Hassan,

I did clean installation as you recommended and I am ready for further instructions.

Since I didn't have hd compatibility patch installed, I skipped part related to that. Instead I had to uninstall aoc tools which was my main tool for converting hd version.

Btw, I would like to share some suspicions :

1. I suspect this bug occurs only when I play against human players and not against computer.

2. Secondly I suspect it happened after a game in which " longer lasting resources " mod is installed. Of course I no longer have this mod.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 30 January 2019 - 8:26 am
Dear Gregstein,

Many thanks for your interest with my problem. I highly appreciate your software projects and aoc tools was great improvement. I really enjoyed its mouse panel and how easy you made to watch recordings.

Regarding misclick, I tried a variety of misclicks in a game against computer and no matter what I did villagers somehow find a way to built:) Only way to prevent vils is, after giving order to build, right-click outside of construction area. I believe I am not doing this kind of misclick.

Besides, I played with same equipment and mouse for a long time without this bug. I suspect it happened around 30.11.18 after I game whereby I had to install "longer lasting resources" mod.

Also, I suspect this bug does not happens against computer but against human players. Though I only testes 2-3 games against computer.

Best Regards
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:47 pm
Hi.

You'll need to perfectly follow the guide, without skipping any part.

Please proceed to a game diagnostics.
For that, go to your lobby. Above-left, click on Options->Game Diagnostics.
Click begin scan.
Screenshot it and upload it here : [You must login to view link]
Don't forget to post the screenshot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Edited 30 January 2019 - 1:36 pm by GregStein
I appreciate your feedback about AoE2Tools brother!

'longer lasting resources' as a data mod should be checked in the game settings to work so as long as it is not checked you should be fine.

I still insist that the problem must be produced from your hardware or system.
You could join Discord channel so we can chat easier [You must login to view link] As I may have to ask some questions to which I need answers.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 24 posts