DirectDraw compatibility problem PLEASE HELP XD

Rupave

Edited 9 January 2019 - 11:05 pm by Rupave
So, after buying a new computer, I looked for my AOE CD (because I wanted to play voobly since I also have the game on the steam platform but there arent many games there), after installing the game and setting everything I came across the following problem
THE PROBLEM ----> [You must login to view link] (i constantly use GeForce Experience to get my drivers ready)
My PC components are -
AMD FX-8300 4.0Hz processor
NVIDIA GTX 960 4gb 258bit
16GB ram - 2 of 8 HyperX 2100hz (i think)
Cougar SL 500W
Mother Board - some of asus xD
I would like someone to help me solve this problem, considering that I am already 3 days running in the forum of voobly trying to find a solution and so far everything I have tried has not solved my problem
VOOBLY SETTINGS
[You must login to view link]
Thanks everyone and sorry about my bad english
I LOVE THIS GAME AND DONT WANT TO BE OUT OF THE COMMUNITY ANYMORE :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:52 am
Quote:
hi
if you have the steam version follow this tutorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.
did you do the above or do you have two installs of the game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rupave

Posted 10 January 2019 - 7:08 pm
So, i think that was the problem i had 2 games installed on my PC on steam and the other one for voobly, i did everything the tutorial said and it worked out, Thank you so much <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:37 am
hi
great.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Skyseb56

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:02 pm
Hello ,
I have the same error message coming .
I am able to joint the lobby for new player , but as soon as I choose a game , when all the player are ready , I have a black screen for 1 or 2 second and the same error message is coming .
I have the AOE II HD but after a couple of try , I was able to install the patch , but now it is another problem.
I am disapointed to don t play on voobly .
I made a couple of reserch , and I found a tuto you said to execute dxdiag but every thing is OK acceleration direct draw is activated, acceleration direct 3D activated and acceleratino texture AGP activated.
Is there anybody who can help me to play .
Thanks a lot
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 January 2019 - 1:33 pm
hi
assuming your game install is ok try these settings and see: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png

if you have the steam version you might want to follow this tutorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts